Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chocolate Covered Kisses

If there was ever a day for chocolate and kissing and chocolate covered kisses, it’s Valentine’s Day. One of my very favorite chocolate covered treats happens to be chocolate covered strawberries, a taste I share with Lila, the heroine of my novella Sculpting a Demon.


In fact, almost exactly one year ago my very good friend sent me a box of chocolate covered strawberries to celebrate the submission of Sculpting a Demon to Ellora’s Cave. Her timing was totally perfect too because a day later a record breaking snow storm swept through the area and I was snowed in for THREE DAYS. I don’t know that I would have survived without that chocolate goodness to get me through.

I ate my chocolate covered strawberries alone at home while being held captive by a blizzard, but Lila gets to have a bit more fun with hers…
Arien chose a strawberry and brought it to her mouth, but instead of allowing her to take a bite, he ran the fruit over her bottom lip. She let the tip of her tongue touch the berry and pure, rich sweetness filled her mouth. His eyes glazed as he watched her lick the strawberry and she heard him inhale sharply. His Adam’s apple worked as he swallowed hard. He put the strawberry aside and his eyes focused on her mouth. He dipped his head, his lips hovering over hers.

Her breathing began to come in short, quick pants as heat rushed straight to her core. Her lips parted and her eyes drifted shut. She lifted her chin, so ready, so very wanting his kiss. She leaned toward him and her lips met air. Startled, her eyes flew open. His soft, rich laughter rumbled through her, making her insides vibrate.

“Do you want me to kiss you?” he asked, his lips so close, so very close to hers.

“Yes,” she said, her voice little more than a whisper. “Yes?” he asked. His mouth moved over hers, small circles, round and round, his lips so tantalizingly close.

“Say it. Tell me what you want.”


Oh yeah, kisses and chocolate. Two of my most favorite things. I hope your Valentine’s Day is just as sweet and fun!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds good

Kasey said...

Love, love, love chocolate covered strawberries! Yummy!
Mharris299@gmail.com

Lisa Fox said...

Thanks Amy and Kasey!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Elisa Dane said...

Woot! Love strawberries!

Lisa Fox said...

Thanks Lisa! And thanks so much for stooping by!

Kelli Scott said...

Yum!

Unknown said...

Kisses and chocolate just go together

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

LuAnn said...

Yep! Can't beat chocolate!

reading_frenzy at yahoo dot com

Lisa Fox said...

Thanks Kelli, Virgina and LuAnn! I agree with you all wholeheartedly!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Aging Ophelia said...

Yummy!