Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sherry Gloag asks 'Do you remember your first kiss?'

Do you remember your first kiss? 
On January 10th 2011 The Guardian.co.uk posted an article asking that question.
They say that according to Sheril Kirshenbaum, a scientist at the University of Texas, a first kiss is likely to be one of your most vivid memories.
Sadly I must be an exception, or else the kiss was so unmemorable it never rated even the vaguest memory! As an author of romance that’s a shameful admission, <grin> but true.
   
As an author of romance I wish I’d written Judy Garland’s line of 1939 "Twas not my lips you kissed, but my soul." This so represents what I search for when writing.

In my short Valentine novella, The Wrong Target, published by eTreasures as part of the Cupid’s Gone Wild anthology  available at http://www.etreasurespublishing.com/  and http://tinyurl.com/6ys4h6a there is explosive emotion between Tina and Ryan but their first kiss does not come until near the end of the story. 
It may have resulted from a challenge from my heroine to my hero, but indeed, that kiss reached their souls and sealed their future.

BLURB:
Headmistress Tina Blackberry and business tycoon Ryan Thomas can't control events after Ryan's daughter steals his coveted golden arrow and takes it to school, But put Cupid on the job and nothing can go wrong, or can it?
Excerpt:
“Goddamit,” he exploded, “Can’t you stand still for one second? I have something to say, but I can’t while you’re jogging round the room.”
She halted toe to toe in front of him. “You have me dismissed from a job I loved, because I upheld the safety of my pupils, and still have the audacity to stalk me to my holiday destination and demand I listen to you because you have something to say?” Flapping her hands at her sides, she spun away and back again, planting her hands on the chair arms, she pinned him in his place and snarled, “Let me tell you something. I’ve come here to enjoy myself and your presence isn’t part of my plan.”
“What is your plan?” he demanded.
“To get laid!”  Astonishment pushed her away from the chair, her eyes wide, her lips curved up in a defiant sneer. “I intend to find myself a man and screw the living daylights out of him. And,” she paused deliberately, “I don’t need you for that.”

You can find more information about Sherry's other books at  her website: www.sherrygloag.com and
her blog: http://tinyurl.com/68oomm6

8 comments:

Cate Masters said...

Loved the excerpt!
My first-ever kiss wasn't memorable, but my first kiss with my hubby was. :)
cate.masters at gmail.com

Unknown said...

Great excerpt, yes I do remember my first kiss who could forget

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Beth C said...

My first kiss was a total surprise! We were getting out of the car on our first date and he smacked a big kiss on me. Totally surprised me!

doxymom said...

Good excerpt!

I remember my first kiss because he surprised the heck out of me.

doxisrcool at aol.com

SherryGLoag said...

That's the one that matters Kate, the one with hubby :-)
But I have to admit, you make me feel better knowing I'm not the only one who can't remember her first kiss! LOL

SherryGLoag said...

I did Virginia, but hey, like Kate, I too remember my first kiss with my DH :-)

SherryGLoag said...

Awe Beth C that sounds like a little bit of magic. :-)

SherryGLoag said...

doxymom. thanks for your kind words. I hope that first kiss was a good surprise. :-)