Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rocks instead of Kisses?

When is a rock better than roses or kisses?

No, I'm not talking diamonds...I'm talking a plain, old run-of-the-mill rock!

When my husband and I were dating we went for a walk along the railroad tracks by my parent's house one day and he picked up a rock then handed it to me with the following words.....

My love is like this rock; it's strong and solid, it'll never change, it'll last forever and there's not another one like it in the world.

In that moment I wouldn't have traded that piece of hardened earth for a million roses or a lifetime of kisses!

My husband passed away August 18th 2009 but I still have that rock -and the one I gave him another time - both (along with a printed/framed copy of his words to me) are displayed in the shadowbox my dad built to house special mementos of these precious 20 years of my life.

Although I miss him dearly - I haven't given up on love, romance, roses or kisses so watch for my next post!


Pamela S Thibodeaux
"Inspirational with an Edge!" (tm)
http://pamelathibodeaux.com/
http://pamswildroseblog.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

desitheblonde said...

hey hun you are someone special
and keep the special in your heart and then you will be blessed to the max

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Aww, thanks so much desi!
PamT