Sunday, February 13, 2011

YOU MAY KISS THE BRIDE

 My erotic romance novella, Stormy Wedding, follows a couple on their wedding day. They share a sweet kiss on the veranda of their wedding venue with the Pacific Ocean as the backdrop. But all these two have been doing since they met is kiss. A lot. Nothing more.

 They’ve saved the best for last, although their pre-wedding encounters become a bit heated. Here’s a little snippet of a sweet kiss versus a steamy one:

 Sweet kiss.

The Stone Cliff Lodge was just as advertised—a stone lodge perched on a cliff above the ocean. Romantic. Elegant. Picturesque. Waves crashed against the rocky shore with thunderous power. The photos on their website didn’t do the place justice. With both their families there, it resembled a cross between a failed Weight Watchers meeting and an episode of Family Feud. Name for me a wedding disaster. Top five answers are on the board.
Wind hit Rachel’s face in the most refreshing way. Freedom. She closed her eyes, opening them when cool lips butted up to hers. “Uhm.” She saw stars, but also clouds and a thumbnail moon.

Steamy kiss.

She clasped her hand on the back of his neck and crushed her lips against his. Not what he expected. Sweeping her up with his free hand, he returned her scorching kiss in a flurry of lips, tongues and teeth. It was the type of kiss they normally avoided in order to stay true to her “ not until my wedding night” pledge.
Rory spun her around, pinning her exposed back against the wall.
She gasped.
“Sorry, babe.” He hadn’t stopped to think about how the cold metal would feel against her skin.

Which do you prefer? Sweet and tender? Steamy, hot and sticky? To read an excerpt of Stormy Wedding, learn more about me or enter my contest visit my blog. www.kelliscottbooks.blogspot.com
Friend me on Facebook or Goodreads. Follow me on Twitter.














5 comments:

Annette Snyder said...

the cover looks like it was made on a stormy ocean day! the gray waves and the dark sky lend a lot to the picture

Linda Swift said...

Beautiful cover. Sounds like a great book and I like the wry humor in the excerpt. Linda

Kelli Scott said...

It is marketed as an erotic romantic comedy - eromcom I call it.

Thanks, I loooooove the cover too. And that's what I told the art department, including all the ooooooo.

Kasey said...

Depends on my mood. But I’m usually a hot and steamy chick.
Mharris299@gmail.com

Kelli Scott said...

I like the hot & steamy too. I like the messy out of control kiss where furniture gets broken and bruising isn't out of the question.