Sunday, February 13, 2011

Gotta love a first kiss!!!


Good afternoon (or morning, depending which coast you're on!) on this lovely Valentine's Eve! Hope it's lovely for you too!!

First kisses are so so important. Some claim they know just from that first smooch if the relationship is gonna last. I don't know about that...I've had some dynamite first kisses in my time that led absolutely no where. But oh was it fun!!!!! Of my top 5 kissers of all time, I think 3 of them didn't even lead to relationships!

In my book, A Bitch Named Karma, after my main character Lexi's life falls apart, she befriends a new guy, someone the old Lexi never would have talked to. He's 8 years younger than her. But he's sweet, and sexy beyond belief.

Here is a little excerpt:

As the sun rose over the city, I helped Rich clean up after our night at the movies. It had been one of those magical first date nights and I didn't want it to end. My body didn't want to turn and walk away from him. It wanted to be as near to him as possible, feeling like a giddy teenager. I made up a stupid story about being exhausted and asked Rich to walk me back to my hotel room.

When we reached my door, I keyed in and pushed it open.

“Well, this is it then.” I stared up at him. “I guess I'll see you tonight?”

Rich stood there, barely a foot away, both hands stuffed into his pockets. “Um, yep, tonight.”

The anticipation made my heart beat fast and my whole body tingle. Would he just kiss me already! And what was holding me back? Normally I took what I wanted rather than sitting back and waiting for whatever to come to me. Why couldn't I do that with Rich?

“Um, okay. I guess I'll go into my room.” But I stayed put, leaning against the door frame.

“Um, yeah, I should go too.”

Rich shifted his weight from one foot to the other and it looked like he was leaning into me. My stomach flipped around inside my body and my heart raced waiting for his lips to press into mine. Instead he stepped backwards and away from me.

“Okay, goodbye.”

Sadness filled my entire body as I watched him walk away. I couldn't be mistaking the intensity between us. There was something there, something strong. Why wouldn't he act on it?

Left ya hanging, didn't I??? :) Isn't the build up and suspense the best part???

Hope you're all having a fantastic day!

Stephanie

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have had some fabulous first kissed that didn't go no where, so I am not sure you can really tell about first kisses

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Stephanie said...

That is some tension right there!! Thanks for sharing.

Chicks of Characterization said...

lol, love the suspense!!! great excerpt thanks so much for sharing!!

Andrea
atsnider@verizon.net

Aging Ophelia said...

Frustration!!! Yeah, I'm left hanging-- my own main editing project begins with the first kiss between true lovers. I hope someday it ranks up there with Rhett and Scarlett, LOL!

writermama said...

I really love the title. I can tell there are going to be some surprises in this story.

Stephanie said...

Thanks everyone!!!! So glad you liked it!!!!!