Saturday, February 12, 2011

Victoria's Top Ten Romantic Movie Couples

With Valentine's Day coming up, I'm thinking about romance even more than usual. Who are your favorite movie couples?
1. Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling (Allie & Noah) - The Notebook
2. Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet - (Jack & Rose) - Titanic
3. Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey (Johnny & Baby) - Dirty Dancing
4. Renee Zelwegger and Colin Firth (Bridget & Marc) - Bridget Jones' Diary
5. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks (Kathleen & Joe ) - You've Got Mail
6. Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman (Rick & Ilsa) - Casablanca
7. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher (Han Solo & Princess Leia) - The Empire Strikes Back
8. Richard Gere and Debra Winger (Zack & Paula) - An Officer and a Gentleman
9. Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman (Lucy & Jack) - While You Were Sleeping
10. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson (Agents Mulder & Scully) - The X-Files...yes, I'm still an X-phile. Love, love, love that show and the first movie (second movie, sadly, not so much)

So, who are your favorite movie couples?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It would have to be Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey in Dirty Dancing. Next would have to be Richard Gere and Debra Winger An Office and a Gentleman. Also Jude Law and Cameron Diaz from the movie The Holiday

LuAnn said...

I have to pick Richard Gere and Debra Winger.

reading_frenzy at yahoo dot com

Victoria Gray said...

Ooh, I loved "The Holiday", though I felt sorry for Kate Winslet having to be paired with Jack Black...that was unusual casting, to say the least.

jessica said...

from who you have listed? I like the Dirty Dancing couple. Tho I haven't seen a lot of the movies you have listed to tell you the truth.

writermama said...

I agree with some of your choices. I loved the notebook, titanic and dirty dancing but my all time favorite couple is Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler. I haven't seen gone with the wind in years, but it made an impression. I named my first born daughter Scarlett.

Anonymous said...

Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey in Dirty Dancing. But maybe that had to do with the fact that I like to watch dancing..

luciatea01 (at) hotmail.com

SherryGLoag said...

5. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks (Kathleen & Joe ) - You've Got Mail
is my favourite out of your list.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with numbers 3, 4, 6, 9, and 10. Johnny and Baby are probably my number 1 pick.

I also adore Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn in the Philadelphia Story, as well as George Peppard and Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Debra Messing and Dermot Mulroney are pretty awesome in The Wedding Date.

I have never seen the Notebook. I just don't care for Nicholas Sparks.

Unknown said...

Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves in Speed