Sunday, February 13, 2011

Party on!

Hope you're all enjoying the party! It's been awesome!


I've arrived rather late but it's not over yet! I wanted to share a kiss from my upcoming release, Insatiable, out this Tuesday 2/15 from Loose Id. It's not technically the first kiss, but in a way it is because this kiss is the first time Rachel, the heroine, participates! The first time she's a little taken aback to be kissed by Shawn, her lifelong best friend. Here's the blurb:


Having all of her is the only thing that will satisfy him...

Shawn Griffin and Rachel Cooper have been best friends practically since birth, thanks to their families’ close relationship. But for the past few years, Shawn has been fantasizing about getting his best pal in his bed. When she announces she’s taking a trip to reconnect with an old lover, Shawn knows the time has come to put up or shut up. If she wants to go to New York City, fine. But he’s coming with her.

Rachel doesn’t know what to think of Shawn’s sudden interest. Determined to live life on her own terms, she refuses to fall right in line with her wealthy family’s wish that they get married and have perfect little babies. She just didn’t count on how determined her seemingly laid back -- and extremely sexy -- best friend would become after setting his sights on what he wants. Her, over and over again.

But when tragedy strikes, Rachel begins to wonder if she’ll lose not only her lover but her best friend too. 


Curious? Want to read more? Check out the excerpt below then visit Loose Id's coming soon page HERE or my blog HERE to learn a little backstory about Insatiable (a story I began twenty years ago in high school!)


“You’re not a stupid woman.” Shawn loosened his hold on her finger. No matter what he’d indicated on the phone, it’d be her choice whether she stayed or cut and run.
“No.” Clearly challenging him, Rachel cocked her head. “And because I’m not, excuse me if I find the timing of this sudden lust --”
When she fumbled, he gripped her wrist. “This sudden lust isn’t sudden. Maybe it proves I’m a fool, but I kept hoping you’d stop flitting from man to man long enough to see me.”
She jerked free, but she didn’t retreat. “You’re my closest friend. I never gave you any reason to believe I felt otherwise, so don’t pull this crap on me now. You don’t want me to see Ryan.”
“Damn straight I don’t,” he agreed, swinging his legs off the bed so fast his gaping towel took another leap toward indecency. His move forced her back a step, then two as he rose and grasped her shoulders. “I’ll do whatever it takes to keep you from making the biggest mistake of your life.”
“My life, my mistakes.” She tipped her head back until their gazes were level. “I’m leaving.”
“So go.” Shawn lifted his hands to her face. “In a minute.”
Rather than swooping in to ravage, he stretched his fingers over her cheeks, cradling them in his palms as his lips brushed hers. With that first taste, as wicked and dark as her wine red lipstick, heat coursed through his veins to gather in his groin.
It took all his will not to crush her against him as her fingers curled over his shoulders. But when her tongue slipped between his lips to war with his, he nearly lost his shaky grip on the torrent of need choke-chained inside him.
“Rach,” he whispered against her mouth, wanting her to know what this meant. Wanting her to understand. Instead, as she ripped her mouth away, the deep, dark pools of her eyes widened as if she couldn’t believe what he’d done.
What she’d done.
Without another word, she hurtled across the room and out the door. Away from him.
Again. 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Adding to my to buy list!

LORETTA CANTON said...

I love the best friends stories.


loretta

lbcanton@verizon.net

doxymom said...

Oo, intense. Another book for my To Buy list. I want to see what happens.



doxisrcool at aol.com

Ellz said...

Ilove these kind of stories because the characters have such a history that the connection feels so much strong and intimate. Thanks for sharing.

Maria D. said...

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE RELEASED!!! ....Lol...thanks for the excerpt!

junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

I love best friends stories. Will have to add this one to my list

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Michaela said...

I really enjoy best friends stories. So many times people are not able to see what is in front of them

Kasey said...

Sounds good!
mharris299@gmail.com

Di said...

another good excerpt!

sallans d at yahoo dot com

Raquel Byrnes said...

Oh no! I felt so bad for him. Very intriguing conflict between them.

Edge of Your Seat Romance

Karin said...

This excerpt just has me more anxious to read this book.