Sunday, February 13, 2011

How do mermaids and mermen actually have sex?

While writing Tears on a Tranquil Lake and two follow-ups, I’ve been asked this question often…in hushed whispers from the curious. It’s time I come clean OR get dirty on this topic!

Many think mermaids and mermen would reproduce like common flounders. Not in my world! With a degree in Biology, I readily assumed my merpeople to be like marine mammals: dolphins, whales, and manatees. In fact, mermaids were first dreamed up by delirious pirates viewing manatees in lustful ways.

For the rest of my explanation (PG-13), please see my post over at Whipped Cream.

Blurb:
What a surprise for a young woman, to find herself suddenly transformed into a mermaid.

Ciel’s first thought – track down the merman who changed her and make him reverse his magic.
Unable to find him, survival in her new world becomes paramount. She eagerly accepts help from a dashing pirate captain who takes a fancy to her, lavishing her with finery. When her merman does show up, he competes for her affection. One look into his eyes makes her life more complex -- he is her soul mate.

Which man will she choose – pirate captain or merman? Which life – human or mermaid? Caribbean adventures and dangers chase Ciel as she searches for decisions and the key to her happiness.

Warning: This book contains Haitian vodou, sultry wenches, foul-mouthed scalliwag pirates, overindulgence of fine Caribbean rum, and amorous encounters on deserted beaches.

Links to Marsha A. Moore and her books:
ISBN: 978-1-926931-29-6

3 comments:

hotcha12 said...

HI MARSHA! I JUST LOVED IT!

Unknown said...

This sounds like a book for me. I am intrugued right now.

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Marsha A. Moore said...

Thanks lots, Lin!

Hope you enjoy it, Virginia!