Sunday, October 30, 2011

What if your magic worked backwards?

The main character in one of my books has this problem.  She's a
hereditary witch that was cursed so everything she tried turned out
the opposite way she wanted.
Does she figure out how to do magic anyways?

But there's more...


Blurb:
Maddy is the oldest witchling to ever attend the Hidden Cove Academy, having been cursed as a teen; she’s forced to have a solitary life outside of her own magical community.  With her magic so dangerously unpredictable, she rarely takes the chance on mixing with the general public.

From one harmless trip to a museum she finds herself spellbound yet again by an invisible boundary, caused by a three hundred year old curse, dictating that Maddy must stay close to the stunningly sexy Colin.

Being stuck with a tall, dark, incredibly lick-able stranger can’t be all that bad, right? Until they discover if they get too close the spirits bound with the curse will take over their bodies ... at the same time if they’re too far from one another the curse will kill them both.

Will the curse's secrets be unraveled in time or does certain death await them both? 





















Buy Link:
http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=868&zenid=b6f6020a188bcbaa347c328b46b7a25a


Jacqueline Paige
http://jacqpaige.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Cassie Exline said...

Great excerpt, has me wanting to know.

JeanMP said...

Very intriguing blurb, a witch that has been cursed, look forward to reading this one to see all the trouble that befalls her.

Debby said...

What fun it sounds like to have to consider your magic that way. Great idea
debby236 at gmail dot com

Leah St. James said...

Cool concept!

Lucy Felthouse said...

This sounds like a fab fun read - and I love that cover!

lucy at lucyfelthouse dot co dot uk

Unknown said...

Love the description of Colin. On my books to buy list, now if I could just win the lottery so I can afford the ones already on there.

drainbamaged.gyzmo at gmail.com

Jacqueline Paige said...

So many awesome posts to read - I lost my own!!

Thanks, Cassie and Jean - Let me know if you get to it in the future and what you think. :)

Thanks, Debby!

Jacqueline Paige said...

Thanks for that, Leah.

It was a lot of fun to write, Lucy and yes I'm in love with the cover too. Gemini did an amazing job with it.

Happy Halloween!!

Jacqueline Paige said...

I hear ya, Kathryn. My TBR pile grows each time I'm part of one of these mass blog events. lol

Happy Halloween!!

Na said...

I'm happy to see all these witch stories because they are a treat to read. Twice Cursed sounds great.