Sunday, October 30, 2011

A ghostly excerpt from Mia’s Books




I'm so excited to be at the party! Here's my first ever Goddess Fish Party Pavilion post, hope you enjoy x

A ghostly excerpt from my paranormal tale, Mia’s Books – inspired by ancient tomes and dusty libraries...

The book had changed. It was now jet black and lay seductively by the bed. Gently lifting her covers off, Mia slowly, slowly made her way over to it as if she was trying to capture a bird.
Her fingers were trembling. Cold air chilled her hands as she reached out and picked it up. Open Me. Thick raised letters gave her instruction. And she did.
Rows upon rows of names and numbers merged into each other. It was a phone directory. Mia was disappointed, but curiosity kept her flicking the pages, watching number after number fly by. She was about to close it and just go back to bed when she realized the numbers were all the same and the name wasn’t a name at all—it was another instruction.
Call Me.
Mia flushed with excitement. Was this her ghost lover contacting her for real? She reached for the phone and dialed the number before she could change her mind.
Silence.
Mia flopped back onto the bed and let the phone fall by her ear. She began to ponder the fear that she might actually be going mad when a voice startled her.
“Hello?” She thrust the handset to her ear and strained to hear. “Hello?” she repeated, barely able to breathe in her excitement.
“Mia?” came a breathy whisper that set her nerve endings alight.
“Yes?” she whispered back.
“I need to s…” The voice faded, and Mia started to panic.
“What? You need to what? Please...don’t go.”
“...see you...” The sound was so faint that Mia had to strain to catch it. “Meet me at the park at dusk.” The line went dead.
Mia was exhilarated. It hadn’t been a dream. She was going to meet her ghost lover once more! She hadn’t been on a date for ages. Not since the insomnia had made her feel like a ninety-five year-old grumpy hag. She suddenly felt young again—young and ready for anything...



If you would like a chance of winning a copy of Mia’s Books, please leave a comment on any of my posts today and I’ll pick a winner. Thanks!

Join me on the interweb
My Blog
To buy a copy of Mia's books or read an excerpt please go to...

Blurby bit
Ghost lover or mortal—can Mia have both?
Mia has a big problem. She is in love with two people, and one of them happens to be a ghost. After a late night seduction in a deserted library, Mia brings home a haunted book. The book contains a ghost which instructs her to seduce strangers on its behalf. Mia falls in love with one of her conquests and finds herself in a romantic tangle. Can she keep both her lovers, or will she have to choose?
Content Warning: graphic sexual content

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great excerpt! Congratulations on your release and I'm interested in getting one myself.

JeanMP said...

That was a great excerpt, leaves me wanting more!

skpetal AT hotmail DOT com

Debby said...

Wow, I would love to read this book after reading the excerpt. Thanks for the great excerpt
debby236 at gmail dot com

Tabitha Rayne said...

Thanks for reading and being so enthusiastic! Hope you're all enjoying the blog fest x

Na said...

I've read and enjoyed several of your posts, Tabitha. I hope you're having fun and to see more of your work around :)

Tabitha Rayne said...

Hi everyone, I've had a ball, but this bit was hard - you all left such lovely responses, I wish I could send you all a copy! Please look at my links at the end on all my posts - you can find more of my work or just get in touch. Thanks again. I chose Debby as the winner of Mia's books.
Happy Halloween! x x T
aneroticadventure.blogspot.com