Saturday, October 29, 2011

Whatcha' going to be for Halloween? Fess up


I just saw a special about Silence of The Lambs, the 1991 movie with Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins and it reminded me of how good the story was. It's a perfect time of year to watch the movie again being Halloween and all. I thought I'd share some fun "Silence" facts with you.

The Plot: A young FBI agent, Clarice Starling is recruited to approach the incarcerated Dr. Lector and ask him for his help in tracking down a serial killer named Buffalo Bill.

The movie was released on 14 FEB 1991. (Perfect for Valentine's, huh?)

The movie won: Best Director, Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best adapted Screenplay.

Gene Hackman was originally approached to play Dr. Lector.

Michelle Pfieffer was originally approached to play Clarice Starling.

Anthony Hopkins' screen time as Dr. Lector is just over 16 minutes!

What's your favorite scariest scene from the movie? For me, it's when Dr. Lector escapes. Totally freaky!

Silence of the Lambs is stuff of Halloween! Fess up: Who are you going to be for Halloween? Me? I was going to go as Spongebob (again!) but I've recently been inspired by Game of Thrones. –fumbles around for a blonde wig- I think I'll go as Danearys this year. Just called me Khaleesi. Has anyone seen my dragons?


Giveaway: Tell me what you're going to be for Halloween this year. I'll pick one lucky winner to receive a PDF Copy of one of my novels.

Steph's Novels:
The Hungarian – werewolf romance
The Count's Lair – werewolf romance
Danube in Candlelight – werewolf romance
The Wolf's Torment – werewolf/witch romance
Victorian Scoundrel - steampunk romance

FIND ME ON THE WEB AT:
WEBSITE:
http://www.stephanieburkhart.com

TWITTER:
http://twitter.com/StephBurkhart

FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stephanie-Burkhart-Author/149938795021166

GOOD READS:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4031660.Stephanie_Burkhart

3 comments:

Na said...

I remember watching Silence of the Lambs but forgot all about it until this post. Now it makes me want to watch it again as the plot as gotten vague. Hmm, I have nothing to fess up as I won't be dressing up for Halloween. If I did I would go as a historical witch, Salem Witch style.

Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

JeanMP said...

One of my favorite movies Silence of the Lambs. Afraid not dressing up this year, just staying home and giving out treats this year.

skpetal AT hotmail DOT com

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Congrats to Jean P - winner of my giveaway. I'll be contacting you shortly! Smiles
Steph