Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Time Memories


 

October is my favorite month, and I thought it might be fun to share a memory from our childhood (or adulthood) about Halloween. There are no rules. It can be funny or sweet, doesn't matter.
As usual, I will kick things off...


When I was young we lived way out in the woods. There were a total of 4 houses within walking distance, we knew everyone who lived in those houses, and 3 of them were relatives. Each year, my sister and I would dress up in our (usually homemade costumes), get our pillowcases, and walk to all 4 houses. Our first stop, however, would always be my Aunt Effie's house. Now Aunt Effie was easily 100 years old, and seeing us was the highlight of her year, and each year she made a special batch of cornbread for us. We would knock on her door, and yell Trick-or-Trick then she would scoop out the cornbread and dump it in our bags NO ZIPLOC OR ANYTHING!! This is why we went there first! We would smile and say our thanks, before running down the road, and shaking our bags out in the ditch before moving on to the candy. :-)


Charity Parkerson

5 comments:

Na said...

Lol. I didn't do a lot of trick or treat...but cornbread is a first for me. Maybe this Halloween will bring a whole bunch of new stories for other children.

Charity Parkerson said...

;)

Anonymous said...

I liked candy corn! We used to go on a parade of our costumes to all the neighbors and relatives before any real trick or treating.

rina.carnation@gmail.com

buythebookgreg said...

We did more tricking thant treating like pumpkin smashing and taking bags of leaves and dumping them out in yards.We did some more stuff but we wont get into all that.

Charity Parkerson said...

So no confessions tonight...lol