Sunday, October 30, 2011

Shannon Leigh interviews Darian and Cheyenne


MORE THAN PROPHECY
Shannon Leigh
Publisher: Amber Quill Press
Genre: Romance / Paranormal Romance / Time-Travel Romance
Format: ebook & print
BLURB:
According to ancient prophecy, a woman will come from Earth to bear a child who will end the warring between the Ramekah and Andreas clans, warring that has plagued the hold folk of Zandar for hundreds of years. On the tail of a magical zephyr, Cheyenne, a young Native American woman, is swept through the doorway of an interplanetary portal and whisked away from Earth in a dazing blur of motion. She's deposited, alone and half-naked, in a valley between the grassy knolls of the Rhian Mountains and the dreaded Goetic forest, just inside the boundaries of Andreas Territory.
It's there that Lord Darian Andreas, ruler of the mighty Andreas Clan and master of the powerful Andreas Territory, finds her. Although Darian is a just man who exercises kindness and incorporates mercy into his method of rule--which, in the barbaric world of Zandar, are rare qualities for a man--he's also used to getting what he wants, one way or another. And from the moment Darian lays eyes on the dark-skinned beauty, he knows she's meant to be his. If the Gods are willing, he'll make it so...

Shannon Leigh:
“Good afternoon, everyone. I’m here with the main characters of More Than Prophecy, Cheyenne Ayashe and Lord Darian Andreas. Let’s start with Cheyenne.”
She turns to the pretty Native American woman, taking note of her beautiful long, dark hair and flawless olive skin.
“You came from Earth, isn’t that correct?”
Cheyenne:
Nods. “Yes. That’s right.”
Shannon Leigh:
“Tell us a little about you. Where did you live? Did you have a job? Were you…”
Shannon briefly glances at Darian.
“Ahem, involved with anyone before your trip here?”
Cheyenne:
“No, no boyfriend,” she grins, her expression betraying her embarrassment. “As much as I hate to admit it, I was kind of a bore. I loved in a small town near Tucson, Arizona, and worked as a nurse at the local hospital. I lived with my best friend Aimee—who’s probably been frantic since my disappearance—and my cat Milo. Unlike my roommate, I wasn’t much of a partier. I liked to read and would usually spend my Friday nights curled up with the cat and a good book.”
Shannon Leigh:
“Sounds like your life has taken a drastic change.”
Cheyenne:
“Blushes and nods again, her violet blue eyes drifting to Darian. “Yes. It definitely has.”
Shannon Leigh:
“Now, from what I gather, Zandar if quite a barbaric planet. Have your nursing skills come in handy since you’ve been there?”
Cheyenne:
Returns her gaze to Shannon, her expression sombered. “I’ve saved a few lives—one I wanted to, one I didn’t.”
Shannon Leigh:
“Interesting. Tell us about the day you traveled to Zandar. What was it like? Were you scared?”
Cheyenne:
Expels an incredulous laugh. “Scared would be an understatement, I was terrified! I mean, who wouldn’t be? One minute I’m getting out of my car—a 65 Mustang, canary yellow, I loved that car—and the next, the whole world goes crazy. I didn’t know if a tornado had opened up over my head or what. All I remember is watching this black hole descend upon me, and then nothingness. When I woke up, everything around me had changed.”
Shannon Leigh:
“Wow, I can only imagine what that must have been like. What did you do after you woke up?”
Cheyenne:
“For a few minutes, I was pretty stunned. I kept thinking I was the butt of some sick joke, but when no one jumped out and yelled “surprise!” I quickly realized something bizarre had just happened to me. I mean, there I was, practically naked—“
Shannon Leigh:
“Practically naked?” she incredulously interrupts.
Cheyenne:
Nods affirmation. “Yeah! I didn’t even have my own clothes on anymore. Just some sort of flimsy nightgown thingy. I might as well as have been wearing nothing. Sure as hell didn’t cover much. Anyway, I had no clue where I was, or where to go. I certainly couldn’t stand in that spot forever so I had to make a decision: take my chances in the scary forest behind me, or brave the blaring sun overhead. Either way, I had to find someone to help.”
Darian:
“Aye, an’ that’s when ya found me.”
Shannon Leigh:
Shannon watches the silent exchange as Cheyenne glances at Darian and smiles. Her olive cheeks flush prettily before she lowers her gaze. There’s no denying the attraction between them. Feeling an odd pang of jealousy, she quickly disregards it and refocuses on the interview.
“Tell us about that. How did you first meet?”
Cheyenne:
“I’d climbed to the top of a hill to get a look around,” she explains, her voice dreamlike. Her gaze seemed to focus on a spot in the distance, staring at something only she could see. “That’s when I saw him. He stood out amongst all his men, so tall, so proud. I remember the look in his eyes when he glanced up and saw me…That’s when I ran.”
Shannon Leigh:
Leans forward in her chair, her attention riveted on Cheyenne. “What did you see in his eyes?”
Cheyenne:
Glances at Shannon before dropping her gaze to her lap. “My future.”
Shannon Leigh:
Turns to the large man seated on Cheyenne’s left. She quietly regards him, starting at large soles of his brown knee-high boots, then moving up to the tight beige pants covering his muscular legs. She lingered a little longer than polite on the generous bulge at his crotch, seemingly kept in check only by the tight lacings of his pants, before moving up to the leather jerkin stretched taut over his broad shoulders and wide chest. When her investigation finally reached his face, she noticed the knowing grin that tugged at his firm mouth. His returned stare said without words that he was quite aware of his sexual appeal.
Feeling her cheeks burn with mortification, she clears her throat and tries to get back on topic. “So, Darian…is it okay if I call you that? Or would you prefer Lord Andreas?”
Darian:
Leans back in his chair, crossing his muscled arms over his bulging pecs and his long, thick legs at the ankles. Despite his barbaric appearance and intimidating size, he looks completely at ease. “Darian will due,” she says with an authoritative voice that seems to rumble deep in his chest. “As long as ya dinna forget who yer speakin’ with.”
Shannon Leigh:
Nods her head and thinks to herself, I better tread lightly with this one.
He obviously didn’t take to kindly to questions, or disrespect.
“Tell us a little about yourself, Darian.”
Darian:
Looks at Shannon as though she were daft. “Are ya barmy, lass? Ya ken who I am, aye?”
Shannon Leigh:
“Yes, I’m quite aware of you, Darian.” Her face burns again as she realizes her slip. “Of who you are, I mean,” she hurriedly explains. “But I’m sure the audience would like to know.”
Darian:
Shrugs nonchalantly. “I am Lord Darian Andreas, ruler of the Andreas Clan and master of the mighty Andreas Territory.”
Shannon Leigh:
Waits a moment to see if he has anything else to add. He merely stares back at her, his malachite-green eyes seemingly boring into her very soul. Feeling heat in her cheeks and moisture between her thighs, she shifts in her seat.
“Okay, then. Let’s move on. So, Darian, what did you think when you saw Cheyenne up on that hill? Were you surprised?”
Darian:
“Aye. The blast of light startled us all. My harse panicked, nearly threw me. By the time I got ‘im under control, she was standin’ there, as if the gods themselves had dropped ‘er on that vera spot.”
He glances over at Cheyenne. “An’ when I saw ‘her, I ken she was menat fer me.”
Cheyenne:
Blushes again, he dark lashes fanning across her reddened cheeks as she glances down and smiles. Catching the possessive glint in Darian’s eyes, Shannon grins as well, imagining Cheyenne running for her life as this mountain of a man, now casually seated in a chair that looks in danger of collapsing beneath his massive frame, charges after her.
Shannon Leigh:
“So what happened after you caught her? What were your plans?”
Darian:
“I dinna ken, at first. I ken she was special, but dinna ken how. I wanted ‘er, that’s all that mattered at the time.”
Shannon Leigh:
“You’re a man who’s used to getting what he wants?”
It really wasn’t a question. She already suspected the answer.
Darian:
“Aye,” he grins, flashing a brilliant smile that causes her heart to race.
Shannon Leigh:
Fans herself with her paper pad. “It’s a little warm in here, don’t you think?”
Darian:
Shrugs with indifference.
Shannon Leigh:
Clears her throat. “Tell us about the prophecy.”
Darian:
“A lass would come from Earth, bearin’ an ancient symbol. With ‘er chosen suitor, she would birth a child that would end the warrin’ between the clans.”
Shannon Leigh:
Turns to Cheyenne. “You have this mark?”
Cheyenne:
Nods affirmation.
Shannon Leigh:
Leans back heavily in her chair. “That’s sounds like a lot of pressure. How do you feel about that?”
Cheyenne:
Huffs with obvious annoyance. “It’s not fair. Because of that stupid prophecy, any man of noble birth has the right to claim me. Trying to accept being sucked into another world is hard enough, now I have every man on the planet wanting me in his bed. I don’t feel like a human being. I’m an object, a coveted prize. I’ve never been so humiliated or scared in my life.”
Shannon Leigh:
“So, you have to choose one man of noble blood. Depending on how many there are, that could be a difficult task.”
Cheyenne:
“I suppose. But I always thought I’d marry for love,” she says, her voice dropping to a whisper.
Darian:
“Ya will, lass,” he reassures. “Fer I’ve no intention of losin’.”
Shannon Leigh:
The depth of Darian’s declaration warms Shannon’s heart. She hopes things go well for these two. There’s obviously more than prophecy involved between them.
“And there you have it, folks, the crux of their dilemma. How will Cheyenne choose the best suitor to father her child? Will Darian get what he wants? You’ll just have to read their story to find out. At this time, I’d like to open the floor to questions. Anyone have something they’d like to ask Cheyenne or Darian?


***

Shannon Leigh
Amber Quill Assistant Review Coordinator
"Giving readers the O in their erOtica."
Website:
http://shannonleigh.org
Newsletter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shannon_Leigh_Newsletter/


*Nana's Little Black Book--calling all incubi*
*Chasing Booty--the payoff is too good to pass up.*
*Dark Tales--not your average bedtime story.*
 

3 comments:

Na said...

Love characters interviews! Hi Cheyenne and Darian :) You two seem very down to earth and want to get to know you guys more. It sounds like you have quite a story to tell. Thanks for letting Shannon tell it.

JeanMP said...

Enjoyed the interview. Look forward to reading your story.

Debby said...

Great interview. Fun to read
debby236 at gmail dot com