Saturday, October 29, 2011

Shadowbeasts

Hi Everyone - In my books there is a creature who looks like something between a werewolf and a lion. When I first pictured them I wanted to give them a name that I hadn't heard of before and came up with Shadowbeasts. They are truly scary and controlled by an evil wizard who uses them to kill his enemies. I never pictured myself as a writer of horror, and I still don't think I am, but seriously...wicked-evil creatures who come out at night sounds pretty scary to me! And if you can believe it, my idea came from a dream. But it wasn't a bad dream, it was a dream about conquering evil - which is what happens in my book. So - are my books a little scary? You bet, but like a lot of things, don't we all like to get a little scared?
Happy Halloween!
Colleen Helme

About Colleen:
A long career as a wife and mother while juggling several part-time jobs gave Colleen the ambition to dream of being a published author, where she could put her imagination to good use. Now instead of making up stories to tell her children, she writes books that they love to read. Hopefully you will too. She is the author of three romantic fantasy novels, Songbird, Flame of Destiny and The Relic, along with one contemporary fantasy titled Carrots...and more to come!

http://www.colleenhelme.com
colleen@colleenhelme.com

3 comments:

JeanMP said...

Sounds like an interesting premise. A ShadowBeast does sound rather scary and ominous. Off to check out your website.

skpetal AT hotmail DOT com

Na said...

I'm trying to picture your Shadowbeast as a cross between lion and werewolf. It sounds unique and powerful since both animals are.

Colleen Helme said...

I have a picture of one up on my website - if you want to take a look!
http://www.colleenhelme.com/novels_flame_of_destiny.aspx