Saturday, October 29, 2011

Samhain is coming...

Stonehenge

ALTHOUGH I don't know why, the place wasn't what I was expecting. When I first glimpsed it as we drove over the rise, I felt a moment's disappointment. It stood starkly gray out in a farmer's sunny field. I shouldn't have been surprised at the way it didn't impress. What was I looking for? Even I don't know what I anticipated that day -- Druids pacing? Lightning flashing? Magick?

DECIDING it was a normal place, after all -- nothing spectacular beyond its impressive size, I recognized it as just another tourist trap. Like the rest, there were mugs, books, miscellaneous souvenirs and food for sale. Digging in with all the others, I bought a mug and a sandwich. Then I picked up the electronic hand piece and listened to the taped program as I walked the circular path around Stonehenge. I took pictures with my digital camera, listened carefully to the narrative.

THEN something happened. I became engrossed with the ancient history. The information was interesting and informative, but something else happened--this place was far from ordinary. The monolithe was deceptive standing innocently out there in the unusual bright English day. The Stones stood proudly alone, warming in the sun, massive in an open field with tourists munching sandwiches and cameras all a-flutter. But there was something more.

IT was old, it was ancient, it was powerful. It spoke to me. It was more than the story on tape, more than large stones hiding their secret mystery of how they appeared in the stoneless region. Their mystical force engulfed me as I walked the circle, listening, looking, searching, learning. I was drawn back to a long-gone time when wizards were all-powerful and Mother Earth ruled. In that time, Man took care with Nature, respected and cajoled it. But when Man left the pagan temples to tumble and halted the blood sacrifices of old to sacrifice Mother Earth to our gluttonous needs, things changed. Now Man plunders Her and lays waste to Her bounty.

STANDING outside the aged stones, I felt the call to battle.

GLOBAL Warming is a unique and imminent possibility. Is it an eventual reality? Will the dark salty waves of the North Atlantic soon lap over the lowly terrain where Druids stood? Will the great Stonehenge be nothing more than a pile of rocks standing against the pounding waves of the North Sea?

WHEN I returned home I printed my photos and fixed tea in my souvenir mug. The images all had blue ghosts surrounding the stone where the sacrifices were believed to have taken place. I reached for the mug and it shifted toward my hand.
Do you believe in magic?

Witch of Air and Fire

by Eliza March 


[Ménage Amour: Erotic Fantasy Ménage a Trois Romance, M/M/F]
Witch of Air and FireThe Fates have a way of playing silly games with Immortals.
Cian is the Chosen--the only being capable of initiating the unfolding of the events foretold in the Prophecy. However, he must claim a female mate first.
After waiting centuries for his partner to be born, she would have to be his equal, as powerful as he, physically capable of handling the daemon possessing him, capable of freeing him from the immortal Droughan.
However, the Fates gave him Candace, a young, inexperienced witch who looks more like an ethereal fairy than the first-level witch entrusted with an ancient power. She is a virgin, and Cian and his best friend Regan have to initiate her through the Trinity Ceremony.
Will the two alpha males be able to share Candace, thereby sexually enhancing her to make her physically capable of handling the daemon that possesses Cian?
"Imagine a soul-mate reaching deep into your dreams, someone who waited centuries for you. That's Cian, the ultimate lover and consummate hero on so many levels. Candace, the spunky virgin witch with powers to fulfill an ancient prophecy, was nothing the wizards expected and everything Cian and Regan needed. Would two alpha males share sex to keep the woman they needed safe and the world from destruction? I raise questions and the characters answer them." ~ Eliza ~
A Siren Erotic Romance

3 comments:

Na said...

I do believe in magic and have always wanted to visit Stonehenge. It looks like an amazing historical site.

Eliza March said...

It really is magical. Your senses begin to tingle the moment the air hits you. I was amazed since it's in such an innocuous spot. Totally unexpected reaction.

Na said...

Wow, that sounds incredible. Should I ever make it out there I will open my senses and see what happens.