Sunday, October 30, 2011

I like my vampires DANGEROUS

Like most writers and readers, I’ve always been fascinated by the Undead. As a kid, I’d watch those old, old movies with Bela Lugosi playing Count Dracula. My grade school friends and I would giggle like mad because they were so cheesy.

Then along came the glitzy vampires—bad boys who were so sexy and seductive it took peril out of the equation.

For me, I like a touch of suspense with my romance; the hero and heroine forced to save each other from God knows what. Thus, Unending Desire, my erotic paranormal romance—and the first in my Outlawed Realm series—was born.
 
 
Around the time I was thinking of writing it, I knew I wanted vampires in the plot, but I wasn’t making any of them the hero. I researched vampires online and learned way more than I wanted to. I started thinking about their fetid breath (ewww), clammy skin (yuck), general anemic appearance and was definitely not turned on by any of that. Around the same time, I rented the movie Let the Right One In. Wow. Now there’s a vampire. I decided then and there that I wanted to write mine along those lines…how authors had envisioned vampires for years before they became hotties.

In order to balance that danger, I had to have an Alpha hero, right? You bet. My guy, Nikoli Zorr, is out of this world…literally. He craves Regina, who’s from another realm. A woman he’s prohibited from wanting or rescuing. But hey, that never stops a guy in love. J

Here’s the blurb from Unending Desire to give you a taste of the story.

His hunger for one woman will make him a traitor to his world…
Outlawed Realm, Book 1
From a portal in his lab on E2, one of the five dimensions of Earth, quantum physicist Nikoli Zorr gazes on everything forbidden to him. Passion. Desire. The exquisite pleasure of running his hands over the lush curves of a young woman he should have stopped watching weeks ago.
His duty is to close the portals that keep the monsters out of E2—and never interfere with the inevitable fate of those on the other side. Yet he can’t bring himself to abandon the woman who has captured his soul.
Psychologist Regina Page is trying to keep her mind on her client, and off the mysterious, unbearable sexual cravings that consume her when she’s alone in her bedroom. The next moment she’s attacked by vampires, then swept into another realm by a stranger whose touch awakens that same raw desire. Whose eyes are already filled with farewell.
Yet beneath their undeniable carnal lust, something else stirs. The beginnings of illicit love. The unexpected need to protect him. Even if it means risking body, blood and soul to defeat the merciless horde…for a future that was never meant to be. 

_______________________________________

Product Warnings
Contains a repressed scientist who likes to look, and the woman who delights in unleashing his inner caveman. And sex hot enough to burn a hole in all three dimensions…and maybe create a whole new one. 




BIO:

Tina Donahue is an award-winning, bestselling novelist in erotic, paranormal, contemporary and historical romance for Ellora’s Cave, Samhain Publishing and Kensington. Booklist, Publisher’s Weekly, Romantic Times and numerous online sites have praised her work; she has reached finals and/or placed in numerous RWA–sponsored contests. Three of her erotic novels were named finalists in the 2011 EPIC competition. Sensual Stranger, her erotic romance, was chosen Book of the Year 2010 (erotic category) at the French review site, Blue Moon reviews. The Golden Nib Award at Miz Love Loves Books was created specifically for her erotic romance Lush Velvet Nights; and Deep, Dark, Delicious (erotic romance) recently received an Award of Merit in the RWA Holt Medallion competition (2011). She was the editor of an award–winning Midwestern newspaper and worked in Story Direction for a Hollywood production company.

Website/blog: www.tinadonahue.com

6 comments:

Debby said...

Still a wonderful post about vampires. Keep em dangerous.

debby236 at gmail dot com

Tina Donahue said...

Oh, they are. :) Thanks for stopping by, Debby.

JeanMP said...

Nothing like reading about a alpha vampire, that edge that they have. Sounds like a great story.

skpetal AT hotmail DOT com

Tina Donahue said...

Thanks, Jean - I really enjoyed writing it. :)

Na said...

Over the years I have seen vampires romanticized as dashing bad boys. I remember back when they were pasty white creatures who slept in coffins and melted in the sun. It's great seeing they have retained their appeal no matter their protrayal but I do prefer the modern ones :) No sparkle needed.

Tina Donahue said...

Yeah, sparkle does tend to make them a bit less dangerous, doesn't it. :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Na.