Sunday, June 3, 2012

An Interview with Alex Hunter from Second Time's the Charm by Melissa Keir

I hope you enjoy my recent interview with Alex Hunter.  He is the hero of my story, Second Time's the Charm.  He can do mean things with a candy bar and looks like a military man with his short buzz cut and strong shoulders.  After hearing about some of his less than stellar features from his ex-wife, I wasn't too sure I wanted to be alone with him but he quickly put me at ease. Here's the interview:

M: Hello Mr. Hunter.  Welcome.  I’m excited to sit down and talk with you about your recent love story.  Can I call you Alex?

A: Thank you Melissa.  Feel free to call me Alex.  I’m also looking forward to people hearing more about my sweetheart, Lissa.  She is amazing.  I couldn’t believe that I had been hoping to meet her for about six months before fate brought us together.

 

M: What do you love about Lissa?

A: Lissa is a kind and caring person.  She wouldn’t harm a fly.  Her children are first in her life.  She is an outstanding mother.  I don’t like how Steve, her ex, treats her.  He brow-beats her and puts her down.  Would you believe that he calls her daily to complain about how she is raising the boys?


 

M: That sounds frustrating. I can’t imagine how hard it must be for her.  How did you and Lissa meet?

A: Lissa is best friend’s with my ex-wife, Chloe.  They work together at a local pediatrician’s office.  Chloe has been talking about Lissa for a long time.  When Chloe told me that Lissa was going through a divorce, I wanted to reach out to her but wasn’t sure that she would be interested in hearing from me.  I was sure that Chloe had shared a lot of our issues with her.  Isn’t that what best friend’s do?  I was positive Lissa had a skewed image of me.  But when Joe, my son was taken to the emergency room with possible meningitis, Lissa was the one who called me to let me know.  When I saw her sitting in that ugly waiting room, I couldn’t believe how beautiful she was and couldn’t take my eyes off her. 


 

M: What is the most romantic night you’ve had with Lissa?

A: I pulled out the stops the one night with dinner at my place.  I had candles lit and soft music playing.  The food was amazing and it was the night that I wanted to show Lissa just how much she meant to me.  Everything was designed for a night of passion.


 

M: You mentioned that you have a secret sweet tooth.  What is your favorite dessert?

A: Chocolate is my favorite.  When Joe was in the hospital, I had gotten a couple of candy bars.  The chocolate was melting on my fingers and I could only imagine licking the chocolate off Lissa’s body.  When she came to Joe’s party, she brought her special recipe brownies.  It was then and there that I knew she was the woman for me!


 

M: Did you have any worries about getting married again, especially with the divorce rate being so high for second marriages?

A: Yes, I had fears.  My largest fear was bringing the boys together.  I was pleased that they were already such good friends and loved spending time together but becoming a blended family is tough.  There are now only two parents involved but in this case, we have four sets of parents involved.  Chloe and Steve will be a part of our relationship because they are the boys’ parents.  They may not always agree with us on our choices and compromise will be important.


 

M: I wish you all the best with a blended family.  I understand that the benefits do outweigh the challenges but it will take work.  Thank you for coming by today to share with us about your relationship with Lissa and your life.  Is there anything else you would like to share?

A: I want everyone to read my romance tale of love. Afterall, Melissa you did spend a lot of time and energy to bring out story to life. I know we sort of took over your brain for awhile. At least you have it back to your self now.  I have to ask the readers…  Would you have taken a chance on dating your best friend’s ex-husband?  I am certainly glad that Lissa did.  Second Time’s the Charm is available at Bookstrand, All Romance, Amazon and Barnes and Noble for only $1.99.  Pick it up today!

No comments: