Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A quick peak at A Forever Love Retribution by Sheila Dool

Picture


Grayson was leaning against the kitchen counter drinking his coffee when his cell phone rang. It was Kelly, one of he and Cecily’s closest friends.

"Hey Kell, how's it going?" It's not that he didn't like talking to Kelly but her worry for his wellbeing was starting to get on his nerves.

"You don't sound too glad to hear from me."

"I'm sorry, Kell, I’m just tired. We've been working a lot lately. I'm always glad to hear from you. How's Cold Spring?"

"It's okay. I just wanted to check in with you. Do you think you could come home for a visit soon?" Grayson could hear the concern in Kelly’s voice and he didn't want to hurt her feelings but there was no way he could go back to Cold Spring right now. There were too many memories. Besides, he had to focus on finding Cecily’s killer.

"I don't think so. I'm needed here too much." He knew she’d see right through such a flimsy excuse. Grayson loved being a firefighter but that wasn’t why he was here.

"Yeah, right, Grayson. That's why you can't come home. Tracking Mark has nothing to do with it, right?" Her concern had turned to anger.

"I'm still looking for him."

"Do you really think Cecily would want you spiraling out of control like this? She loved you so much and wouldn’t want your rage and need for retribution to consume you like this. You’re going to kill yourself trying to find Mark. It's not right. Think about how your mom feels. I love you, Grayson. We’ve been friends along time and I don't want to lose my friend."

" I know you and mom are worried about me. Nothing’s going to happen to me, I promise."

"It's already happening to you. It's destroying you. You just can’t see it." Kelly whispered.

Available February 17th

You can follow me on Twitter or Facebook for book release updates. Thanks :)

@redsheila

facebook.com/redsheila67
 

No comments: