Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hello, and Let's Nano!

Hello! My name is Margay Leah Justice and I am the author of two published books so far - Nora's Soul and Sloane Wolf. I hail from a nice little corner of New England where we are currently still recovering from a very early Nor'easter, so it's been a crazy few weeks around these parts lately. I grew up with a passion for the written word, whether it was reading it or putting it to paper myself and one of my first jobs, not surprisingly, was in our local library. Also not much of a surprise is the fact I would end up published one day - it just took me longer to do it than I thought it would!

As I write this, I am knee-deep in the wonderful world of NaNoWriMo. I'm sure by now, everyone knows what that is. If you don't, it's when a bunch of creative, wildly optimistic, slightly-off-their-rockers writers decide to write - along with millions of their writer buddies - 50,000 words in one month. Can it be done? Sure it can. Is it crazy? Of course it is! But so are so many other aspects of this wonderful, wild world we call writing, so it's all good. But why would anyone want to put themselves through that craziness, you might wonder. Well, I'm sure there are as many reasons as there are writers accepting the challenge, but I think, basically, it's the kick in the pants a lot of writers need to get themselves going. Plus, you get pep talks and support from an amazing community of friends and what more could a writer ask for?

So let's NaNo! Incidentally, if you are in the NaNo community, my name there is peefie23. If you ask me real nice, I might tell you how I came up with that nickname (wink)!

Margay Leah Justice
Sloane Wolf, available now here.

2 comments:

Debby said...

Good luck with NaNo. I too am in the midst of that wonderful early storm. No school for a week really puts us behind.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Margay Leah Justice said...

Oh, Debby, I hear you! Perhaps we could commiserate together!