Sunday, November 6, 2011

Excerpt One My Lieutenant M/M BLMorticia

Hey all BL here again. Here is the first excerpt from my new Novella My Lieutenant. Just received Silver Star on ARe on its first day. Squee



Now available at Amazon, ARE and Bookstrand




Official Blurb: Nathan Ellerby's apartment has been ransacked by his ex who didn't like the fact Nathan dumped him. Trouncing through the debris uttering a string of obscenities, Nathan's shocked to see Lieutenant Bryant Duncan at his door claiming he's already caught the offender. Sensing an instant connection, when Nathan finds out Bryant's divorced and he's straddling the fence between being gay or bisexual, Nathan finds himself in a quandary.

 Although the Lieutenant does everything in his power to prove to Nathan he's worthy, Nathan is afraid to lower his defenses which leaves both men wondering if Nathan will allow love into his life even through his doubts.

(Unedited Excerpt)

A very tall, dark, and handsome bald headed man was standing there with a pearly white smile.

“Hey, listen, I caught the guys that went through your things.” He smiled and nodded.

“Seriously?” I opened up the door slowly only to lock eyes with the most, gorgeous man I’d ever laid eyes on.

Fuck!

He  moistened his lips. “Hey, I’m new to the building. My name’s Bryant Duncan.” He put out his hand.

A black Irishman?

I accepted it. His hands were warm but kind of rough just the way I like them. That moment, his skin on top of mine sent heat to my groin. I took a whiff of his cologne. “Nice to meet you, Mr…”

“Call me Bryant, please,” he interrupted me. “Like I was sayin’, I saw the bastards going through your place. When they saw me, they tried to get away but, I called the cops once I got the building security to come up and help detain them.”

Holy shit, my hero…

“You didn’t have to.” I was completely impressed that he cared enough to put his life on the line.

We stood silent a minute.

“Ahem.” The cop came up behind me. “Okay sir, I need you to come down to the station and give a statement. If you could meet me downstairs.” Thiesmann adjusted his belt. “Mr. Duncan, nice work and um, Mr…”

“Ellerby, Nathan Ellerby.” I offered my hand.

The cop took my hand lightly. “Mr. Ellerby, don’t be too long okay?”

He walked back through the door and struggled to crawl under the tape. When I saw that I wanted to laugh but I had more important matters in front of me.

I gazed at him.

“I’m sorry, and you said your name was…” Bryant raised an eyebrow.

“Oh shit, erm.” I cleared my throat, noticing our hands were still locked together. “Nathan, Nathan Ellerby.”

We gripped each other’s palm tightly. “Good to meet you, Nathan.” He released my hand and my gaze then reached into his back pocket of his loose, fitting jeans.

I couldn’t help but follow his arms. They were so big, muscular. I could imagine them cradling me during the night.

“Here we go. My number just in case you need me for anything,” he grinned.

I took the piece of paper, still gawking at those lovely brown eyes. I tried to keep myself from drooling. “Man, I don’t know how to thank you.”

Bryant waved his hand, smiling. “No problem, man. I live right down the hall. I just happened to be on my way out to run some errands.”

“Yeah?” I leaned against the door frame. Suddenly, the robbery seemed less important.

“Yeah, those fools were doing it in the middle of the afternoon.”

“Interesting.” I licked my lips, looking away for a moment. I wanted to continue talking to Bryant, but Thiesmann was waiting on me. “Listen, umm, again, I don’t know how to thank you for what you’ve done. It was very brave of you.”

Bryant smiled, “Like I said, no biggie.” He put his hands together and rubbed them briskly.

This time my eyes didn’t follow. I tried to think of something else to say to keep his attention. “I, um…I need to figure out a way to repay you for this. Maybe, I could take you out to dinner or something?”

Bryant grinned, nodding. “Yeah, maybe we can have a bite to eat. If you need my statements or anything, make sure you use that card and give me a call,” he said before disappearing back down the hallway.

 “Thanks so much, Bryant. I’ll be calling you to setup that dinner.”

“Cool.” He backed away. “See ya, Nathan.”

“Bye,” I said, watching his cute backside make its way down to apartment 17D. “Shii…” I mouthed to myself after I closed my door, grinning like a Cheshire cat. The man was my hero, in the span of five minutes I was in love.

Thank goodness for petty crime!

BL is currently a published writer with Rebel Ink and Naughty Nights Press. Her first two novellas, My Lieutenant and Something Fresh Served Hot will be due out in November. She writes bi weekly for Erotic Diaries with Rawiya and a column twice a month on Blak Rayne Books.

4 comments:

Debby said...

I would love to read this one. Adding it to my list.
debby236 at gmail dot com

June M. said...

This is already on my wishlist! Thanks so much for the excerpt.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

S.Lira said...

@Debby

Thanks so much. I love this book. I'm very happy with how it turned out!

S.Lira said...

Hi June,

Thank you so much.

I hope you enjoy the book