Sunday, November 6, 2011

Another excerpt from Romancing the Hero

Thanks to Goddess Fish for throwing this fun release party! I'm very excited that The Wild Rose Press just released my fantasy romance, Romancing the Hero. I'm also excited that this cover is so gorgeous! *sigh*

Here's another, short excerpt:
Pacing the carpeted floor of the men’s shop, Jody muttered to herself, “Hurry up. I need more primping than you.”
Jake stepped from the dressing stall, tugging at his sleeve. “I don’t know. Does it work?”
Work? Did he really not notice how the jacket accented his broad shoulders? Hugged his trim waist? It might’ve been tailored especially for him. The black knit shirt complemented the charcoal suit perfectly. He’d made heads turn in casual dress, but in this, he’d stop women in their stiletto tracks. Jody practically drooled.
“You look—” Amazing. Mouth-watering. Like a GQ model. A Greek god. “Really nice.” No point feeding his ego, though honestly, he hadn’t exhibited one despite his I Won The Gene Pool Lottery handsomeness.
Same as Jake.
She stifled a sardonic huff. “Can we wrap this up? Time’s getting tight. It takes me awhile to look half decent.”
Already heading back to change, he paused to say, “I find that hard to believe.”
His devilish grin made her wonder. Like her mother always said, if something seems too good to be true, it is. The guy was an excellent actor, though.
“Keep reminding yourself,” she whispered, heading to the cashier.


Cate Masters has made beautiful central Pennsylvania her home, but she’ll always be a Jersey girl at heart. When not spending time with her dear hubby, she can be found in her lair, concocting a magical brew of contemporary, historical, and fantasy/paranormal stories with her cat Chairman Maiow and dog Lily as company. Look for her at http://catemasters.blogspot.com, and in strange nooks and far-flung corners of the web.
Cate loves to hear from readers. Email her at: cate.masters@gmail.com


3 comments:

Debby said...

I always have problems with casting calls. I Can never picture anyone.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Cate Masters said...

Stories usually play like movies in my head while I write, so I love showing who I imagined. :)

June M. said...

This sounds great. Thanks for the excerpt.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com