Sunday, January 6, 2013

Love Beyond the Curve


                                                                                       
 
Love Beyond the Curve is my most recent novel, released December 4th of 2012. I love all my books because the characters are my babies, but this one has a special place in my heart. Charlotte is a plus sized, beautiful woman who catches the eye of her gorgeous landlord, Reed Jackson. It is hard for her to believe he coud really want to be more than the good friends that they have become. Reed falls in love with the person, not the package, though he can't stop fantasizing about her curves either. :)

As a"curvy girl" myself, I wanted to write a tender, sexy love story for those of us who have read hundreds of love stories, but never come across a curvy heroine. The "plump"/"chubby" friend is about all the shout out the plus size character gets in romances. Well, not any more. Charlotte and Reed have a story to tell, and I loved telling it. Reed will prove there are good-looking men out there that can love a woman deeply "just the way she is".

I am going to give you a steamy excerpt from Love Beyond the Curve, then leave a link where you can watch a video from the band, One Direction, performing their song, "Little Things”. This song is for every curvy woman that has found their "Reed", or for those still looking for him. He is there. My favorite quote I found on a FB poster is: "Every woman is beautiful. It takes the right man to see it." Reed is Charlotte's "Right Man". Love Beyond the Curve is available for purchase at BookStrand and Amazon. I will leave those links for you, too. Remember to leave a comment to be eligible for the $10.00 Gift Card to Amazon or Barnes and Noble.  I hope you enjoy the excerpt, and check back in later for another excerpt from Love Beyond the Curve.

Kate

To Purchase:



STEAMY EXCERPT:

Charlotte had stood still in her own version of the “Miss America” bathing suit pose allowing him to take in what she felt was foreign to his personal realm of sexual experiences. She knew he was treading into unchartered waters being there with a scantily clad larger woman. She just couldn’t decide if he was in shock, and had to carefully exam the fat freak, or was intrigued by what he saw. She quickly got her answer.

“Come here.” He smiled as he held out a hand to her. She bit her lip and lowered her head shyly as she stepped slowly up to the bed. He raised his hand to trail down her arm to her wrist, and then he raised her hand to his lips and gently kissed her palm. “You are breath-taking. Better than I had imagined, and you looked pretty damn hot in my head.” He ran a finger along the edge of her bra, hooking a finger at the center and pulling her closer to him. He slid an arm around her waist, and turned her around, so he could run a finger tip down the center of her back, stopping at the waistband of the boy shorts, which revealed the lower half of her full bottom.

“You look as gorgeous from behind as you do from the front.” He complimented her while he ran his fingertips over her round, yet firm, bottom.

Charlotte blushed as she felt the heat of his gaze flare when she turned around.

“Would you continue to undress for me?” He kissed the inside of her wrist, arching a questioning brow, waiting for her response.

“I’ve come this far, but are you sure you don’t want to just leave the rest to your imagination? I know I’m not your usual type of girl, Jackson. I’m sure it’s better in your head.” Charlotte tucked her hair behind one ear, shyly looking away.

“Shut up Hamilton. Maybe I’ve just now discovered “my type” of girl. Put your leg up here,” he ordered, and she found herself helpless to refuse him. He pulled her stocking down over her knee, and off her foot, tossing it aside. She placed her other leg up for him to follow the same action. Next, she turned around and presented her back to him. She looked at him over her shoulder and smiled, gaining courage through his words of praise. “If you want it off, you take it off.”

Never one to back away from a challenge, he reached up and popped open the hooks of her bra with his one free hand. She turned around and shook her head at him.

“Never before have the words “Time for the big reveal” been more appropriate.” She pulled the bra away from her body and tossed it over her shoulder, bringing her hands down to rest on her hips.

“Well?” She held her posture correct, and turned from side to side, letting him drink in the sight of her full figure.

Reed covered his mouth with his hand for a moment, and reached out to trace the outline of an areola with a rough fingertip. His touch created a sensation that caused her nipple to pucker to attention. He looked up into her eyes and a broad smile broke out across his face. “I think I may have hit the fucking jackpot.” He pulled her to him and buried his face in her large, firm breasts. He then began to kiss and suck at them slowly, tenderly. Charlotte wrapped her arms around his head and held him, reveling in the pleasure his warm mouth was giving her.

VIDEO LINK FOR "LITTLE THINGS" BY ONE DIRECTION


 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The ideal woman is in the eye of the beholder. It's terrible that popular culture keeps telling us that the ideal looks like the women found in the pages of magazines who are too slim to be without unhealthy habits and whose photographs are photoshopped to the nth degree. Your story sounds interesting and I just bought the book!

Debby said...

Great - I love plus size heroines.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Jibriel said...

I love realistic heroins, great book!

Jibriel.O at web dot de

Catherine Lee said...

I also love "Rubenesque" heroines. I think I was born in the wrong time period. I wish I lived when full-figured women were revered and appreciated.
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com