Sunday, January 6, 2013

Book Launch - The Sock Wars!


Hi there!

Last spring I published "Irish Drinking Socks", a short story/novel excerpt of my novel-in-progress, which became a Kobo bestselling short story. Now my novel-in-progress is finally a novel! (and I do mean finally).


Lucy Tuttle is a workaholic financial planner whose biggest worry is how to line up the sticky notes on her desk just so, until her only relative dies a car accident halfway across the world. Suddenly Lucy (apartment dwelling, doesn't-own-a-hammer Lucy) inherits a handyman's delight on the other side of town. Her boyfriend, a laid back environmentalist with an affinity for organic lentils and sock thievery, convinces Lucy to move into her aunt's brokendown house. The two of them embark on a quest to settle down, renovate her aunt's home, and start a family-but as it turns out, living happily ever after in a house that's about to be condemned isn't so easy after all.

Find out what happens next by reading an excerpt on my website or picking up a copy at Kobo or Amazon for only $3.99!

If you get a chance, please drop me a line and say hi. And keep an eye out on my website, I'm going to be doing some giveaways to celebrate the silly season, the white stuff, skiing, and the fact that I finally finished my novel.

Cheers!
Maia

3 comments:

Debby said...

Sounds like a true fixer upper. Not always the best.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Hey, Maia, I like the tone of your blurb so much that I just bought the book. All the best with your Goddess Fish Tour!

Catherine Lee said...

Sock thievery? How interesting. I have been known to steal my hubby's socks when my feet get cold.
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com