Sunday, September 8, 2013

HOT KNIGHT IN PARADISE: Top Five Reasons to Read



  1. Marshall. The hero. Yes, I adore Leah. She's prickly and sarcastic. I love people like that. She also has a past that just makes my heart break for her.

    But, Marshall...sigh. He's flawed, charming, smart and as my Scottish CP would say, a dirty little bugger.


  2. Speaking of Marshall..this book takes that baseball metaphor literally. Yes, I mean it just like you're thinking.


  3. I manage to insert a cast of thousands without detracting from the romance. Community is important for Leah and Marshall and I make sure they get it. In 60,000 words that's no small feat. And, when I say cast of thousands, I mean it.



  4. It's the end of summer and fall is right around the corner. I love the fall, but I love reading about tropical islands more. The beaches, the balmy heat, the possibility of attractive half-naked men. HOT KNIGHT IN PARADISE...Yup. The title is the dead give away. :)


  5. Now I don't want to do any false advertising. There's only the possibility of one man being without clothes—Marshall. Refer to number one to see why that's just a good thing.


    Bio:


    Sofia Harper started writing contemporary romance a long, long time ago. When Sofia's not spending time with imaginary people in her head, she's corrupting two little trouble makers. Currently she lives in California where the wine is good. She also going full-throttle on the ride called publishing. These two thoughts are not related.


    You can check me out here:


    Website: http://sofiaharper.com
    Blog: sofiaharper.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/sofiaharp


    Blurb:


    Stranded in paradise with no way to get home, Leah Smith needs a miracle, and fast. Instead, she gets Marshall Jackson, surely the sexiest man alive. Too bad he's got an emotional wall around himself--and her only hope of getting off the island...
    Marshall has a strict no damsels in distress policy, but there's something about Leah that makes him want to break his own rules. He agrees to let her work in his bar until she earns enough to get home. But the more time they spend together, the harder it is to deny the scorching attraction between them. Soon hot island nights provide balm to their wounded souls, but will these two flawed exiles make peace with the past in time to claim the future they deserve together--or will paradise be lost?


    Excerpt:

    A smile spread across his face, and the power of the sudden mischievous quality made her blink. “Okay.” He straightened, leaving behind a musky, masculine scent. “If you won’t talk about yourself, put in on the poker game.”
    That kind of smile could talk a woman into just about anything. Her blood sang with attraction, and it made her head
    swim. Down, girl.“No.”
    Marshall shook his head. “I’m not letting you off that easy. I risked my life to save yours. You owe me.”
    “Didn’t ask you to,” she said.
    His jaw clenched. “Some things you shouldn’t have to ask for.”
    A bitter laugh spilled from her lips. “Just like there are some things you don’t. Like bossy men with a hero complex who work in dives.”
    His eyes narrowed, and she bit her lip. His gaze dropped to her mouth. She held her breath.
    “True,” he said. “Now fess up. How did you end up on the side of the road getting robbed? ”
    What would it hurt? He wasn’t likely to tell anyone—not when he seemed to be hiding here himself. What man would opt to live in a place that looked like this? Someone running, that’s who.
    And what the hell? If she wasn’t going to gamble or finish the entire contents of the glass in front of her, she might as well live a little and do something daring, like open up.She put an elbow on the counter, placing her chin in her palm. “Where should I start? I’ve never confessed to a bartender before.”
    “Start where you think your story starts.”
    Her life really started the day she’d made a blood pact with her cousin Janet to never settle for mediocre and to never lose her sense of adventure. Also, whoever lost their virginity first had to retell the story in painstaking detail.
    Leah settled on, “I was born in a one-room shack.”
    He scoffed at the lie. “Fast-forward just a little bit. I’m more curious how someone like you ended up in my bar.”
    “Dive,” she corrected. “It’s a dive.”
    “I would be insulted if I didn’t agree.” He tilted his chin up, gesturing to the other side of the room, where a cluster of tables sat together. “I have regulars, and I have people who end up lost.”
    He mused for a moment. “Or troublemakers.”


    Buy Links:

    Amazon
    Barnes and Noble

No comments: