Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lorelei Confer



Good morning! Since this is my first time here I guess I should introduce myself. I’m Lorelei Confer and I write romantic suspense.
I wrote my first story in the fourth grade in the form of a play which actually was produced by my teacher for parents and students. I continued writing and majored
in English in College. I practice every day to improve my craft.
An author of romantic suspense I love reading almost as much as writing. I have filled my book shelves with my favorites, i.e. Harlan Colban, Eliza March, Johanna Lindsey, Kathy Carmichael, Kathleen Woodiwiss, Andrew Gross, Terri Garey, Karen Rose, LuAnn Rice, and Bobbi Smith just to mention a few, as well as all the classics.
I live on a peninsula in the mid west coast of Florida with my husband, two cats, and AJ, my long haired Chihuahua.
I love hearing from readers so please visit my website: http://www.loreleiconfer.com/ or blog at http://www.loreleiconfer.blogspot.com/.
In doing research for my first book, Deadly Deception, I learned so much about Human Sex Trafficking and I really wanted to get the message out that this horrific crime is happening in your own backyard. I met with an undercover detective assigned to our local task force for human trafficking and from all the information I gleaned from him and numerous other interviews I have been able to put together realistic stories.
My second book, Deadly Revenge, happens in the North Carolina mountains which is the eighth likely state for human trafficking due to their interstate going north and south and east and west. Who knew?
The third book in the ‘Deadly’ series, http://www.bookstrand.com/deadly-deliverance Deadly Deliverance, is also about human sex trafficking but from an investigators point of view. It’s primarily located in the Washington, DC area and is available from Siren Bookstrand Jan 17th, 2012.
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy researching and writing them.

Things get personal for Sam Brower, undercover task force detective for human trafficking, when his niece, Autumn, goes missing. To make matters worse, he’s forced to work with his ex-girlfriend, Lisa Conover, former DC cop, when she’s assigned to a cold case involving his long lost brother.

After infiltrating the gang responsible for the multiple abductions, Sam and Lisa try to unravel the stories behind the kidnapping of Autumn and the disappearance of Luke before their cover is blown.

Undercover work doesn’t lend well to trust. Even if they work together like a fine tuned
instrument, will Lisa and Sam be able to salvage love after all they’ve been through?

Story Excerpt:

“Ahh!! Oh!! Yes! Yes! It feels so good! Right there! Please, don’t stop, please,” Lisa Conover
muttered. “Harder, harder! No! Don’t leave now!” She groaned as she pounded her fists into the hardwood floor. “Damn it! Why did you stop?” she asked Godiva, her twenty-two pound silver tabby cat, who had jumped off her back and now sauntered over to a sunny spot on the carpet, flopping down in a very unladylike manner. Just like Sam used to do years ago, gets me feeling comfortable and then he takes off.
Lisa’s aching back muscles were so tight from hunching over her computer ten to twelve hours a day every day for the past weeks. She needed a massage. Better yet, she needed a vacation. She rolled over onto her back and stared above at the open-beamed ceiling of her log cabin in the North Carolina Mountains outside Hickoryville. She studied the accumulation of dust bunnies along the beams.
The setting sun cast shadows across the room as she gazed out the two-story floor to ceiling
windows on one wall. The view of the tranquil scenic mountains in its resplendent fall glory replaced some of the angst she felt about her work. She relaxed and stretched her arms above her head. Her stomach growled, reminding her she hadn’t had any lunch today.
She stood, trying to stretch her still-aching muscles by turning side to side at the waist, touching her toes—or attempting to anyway.
Then maybe she could get a few more hours of work done before bedtime.
After putting down fresh water and food for Godiva she opened the fridge hoping to find something for dinner. She knew what she would find but she looked anyway. It was empty except for a couple of eggs, and an older-than-she-knew container of yogurt she couldn’t trust anymore.
She glimpsed down at Godiva who had already finished her dinner.
“I think I’ll run down to The Barn and get something to eat. You can hold down the fort here for a while, right?” she asked Godiva who sauntered away licking her lips.
She walked the short distance from the kitchen to the corner of the large open room to her
desk which held her state-of-the-art computer system with three screens and a laptop. She sat down to start turning everything off when the phone on her desk rang.
“Conover Investigations, Lisa speaking.”
“Hi, is Sam Brower there?”
“Sorry, but I haven’t heard from Sam in years. How did you get my number?”
“This is the last number I had for him. I really need to talk to him ASAP.”
“Maybe I can help you. What’s the problem?”
“No, I need to talk to Sam.”
“I’m sorry I can’t help you. Give me your name and a number where he can reach you, and if I hear from him I’ll let him know you’re trying to get in touch with him, okay?”
“My name’s Luke and he can reach me at …” Then the phone line went dead. He had hung up.
What is it about men? They never say good-bye.
ADULT Excerpt:

“Sam, have you really thought this through?” Lisa asked as she pulled her hair away from her
face.
“Of course I have. Do you think I really want to give up what we’ve just renewed?”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, back the truck up,” Lisa said as she pushed away from him, her hands on his
chest. “What do you think has been renewed? Yes, we shared a couple of ‘hello’
kisses for old time’s sake, but that’s all.”
Sam turned and moved closer to her.
“Let’s take care of that right now. I know I want more out of our relationship, maybe even something permanent, don’t you?” He put his hands on her shoulders and attempted to pull her closer. She resisted.
He leaned in and kissed her shoulders, moving to her neck. She moved away. He pulled her closer and continued kissing her long neck, ears, and cheeks, moving toward her open and groaning mouth. Her hands moved to his elbows and then up to his shoulders until they were around his neck where she hung on for dear life.
His mouth moved to encompass hers, his tongue tangling with hers. He groaned as he pulled her
closer to rub against his erection. He walked her backwards toward the bed until the back of her legs could go no farther. They slowly tumbled to the bed without breaking the kiss. He held her in his arms, plundering her mouth. His hands moved up her side and found her breast. She wiggled. His fingers found her nipple and gently squeezed until it became erect and hard. He pulled up her blouse and broke the kiss to take his wet mouth to her breast. He moved her satin-and-lace bra out of the way and plundered her nipple. She groaned and arched toward him. His hand pulled up her skirt and reached for her feminine curls finding soft, satin-and-lace matching panties. He pulled them aside and reached for her hot wet spot waiting and ready for him.
His hand slid between her legs and brushed the dewy petals of her damp folds, sending a zing
of electricity through her entire body. Working a finger inside her, he growled, “Keep going,” with a jerk of his chin at her still hands.
He worked two fingers into her wet passage and stretched her wide. Her back arched as
delicious tremors and hot shocks of pleasure streaked through her body. His eyes as deep and dark as night, his gaze caressed her, traveling over her body to rest where his hand had disappeared between her legs.
Eyes heavy-lidded, he murmured, “I want to lick you all over like an ice cream cone.”
His heated look inflamed her blood, and a film of perspiration covered her skin. She tried to
fill her restricted lungs, but there wasn’t enough air in the room.
He moved his fingers inside her. He was huge, jutting past his belly button, a network of
veins distended in stark relief along the length.
He was stroking himself while he was pleasuring her. He rolled on top of her and, finding the
exact spot, he thrust inside her. She arched her hips toward him, wanting more, and he thrust deeper. In and out, in and out, their rhythm soon matched until they both spiraled out of control and into ecstasy.
Sam moved off her but lay close beside her, wrapping his arms tightly around her. He didn’t want
to let her go.

2 comments:

Stephanie Morris said...

This sounds like a great read! I also love the cover! Nice to meet another fellow Siren-Bookstrand author.

Debby said...

This sounds great. I have my kids stories from elementary school.
Debby236 at gmail dot com