Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Inspiration: Never a Princess, Always a Frog

Never a Princess, Always a Frog started, as most things do, with an idea. I wanted to write a fun contemporary romance, one in which the heroine attends a Halloween party dressed only in green paint. And to match, of course, the hero had to be dressed as a prince... er, princess.

The elements of "The Princess and the Frog" might be flipped around, but I'm ecstatic with the result. Colleen's conservative attitude mirrors my own in many ways. Yet despite her bookish nature, she still gets the guy. That's the dream, isn't it?

But from the moment I set out to write this book, I knew that it would be the first in a series. Not only because Colleen's best friend Hannah monopolized my attention and demanded her own book, but also because I love fairy tales. Fairy tales taking place in real life? Now that's something I can get on board with! And this book is only the beginning.

The second book, featuring Colleen's plus-sized cousin Amy, has been recently accepted with Lyrical Press for release in July of next year. Watch for Beauty in His Bed. Can you guess which fairy tale is featured in Amy's tale?



L.K. Below

Website | Blog | Facebook |Twitter | Google+ | Never a Princess, Always a Frog

4 comments:

Sherry Gloag said...

Oh these are going on my wish list. Congratuations on your latest acceptance.

L. K. Below/Lindsay Below said...

Thanks for saying so, Sherry. If you do happen to buy it, I hope you enjoy it!

Terra said...

I got to get this one. I love fun romance.

Terra

L. K. Below/Lindsay Below said...

This one was very fun to write - and I hope it's fun to read as well :)

Thanks for joining me, Terra.