Sunday, March 2, 2014

Get Tangled in Love with Maria K. Alexander’s Untangle My Heart


Today, I'm sharing a few important elements in my contemporary romance, Untangle MyHeart.

Second Chances
It’s a second chance at love story that reunites two opposites attract characters. Edward Weston is from a wealthy British family, where he and his brother wore ties to dinner and were taught to suppress their feelings. Kate DiFrancesco is from a hand-gesturing, loud-talking Italian family from Northeast Philadelphia, where love and good food were in abundance. They each have emotional baggage to put aside when danger comes knocking and will need to work together in order to protect those closest to them from harm.

Family Dynamics / Italian Heritage
Family is important to me, so it was natural for me to create a fictional one with a lot of characteristics of my own loud-talking, hand-gesturing Italian family. Everyone who walks into the DiFranceso house gets hugged and kissed. It’s a place where food is a guest at every family gathering and there are always at least two or more simultaneous conversations.

Food 
There's an abundance of mouth-watering Italian cuisine. Learn about a traditional Italian celebration, Vigilia di Natale or Vigil of the Nativity. Otherwise known as The Feast of the Seven Fishes. 

Suspense
Danger from Kate’s past lurks which causes her life and those around her to be in jeopardy. She’ll need to untangle herself from the past in order to break the hardened shell around her heart.


I hope you'll enjoy this excerpt from Untangle My Heart:

“Privacy is a hard thing to find around here, so you may want to lock the door. Especially when you’re wearing only a towel and my sister is on the prowl.”

“I’ll have to remember that,” Edward said, taking a step toward her. “I knew she was smitten, but didn’t think she would be waiting in the room after my shower. I was struggling with a tactful way of getting her out.”

“I’m sure you’re not accustomed to asking a woman to leave your room.”

He gave her an unapologetic grin. “No, usually not.”

“I guess it’s partly my fault. I told her I don’t have any claims to you. Apparently she took that to mean it was open season to pursue you.”

“Yet you stopped by. Why?”

“I wanted to thank you again for your help today. You dropped everything to come and help my family and that means a lot to me.”

He took another step toward her until he stood directly in front of her. “You mean a lot to me. I’d do anything I could to help you.”

She nodded in acknowledgement, not sure she could trust her voice to speak with him all but touching her.

“And you’re wrong about not having a claim on me.”

 His hands found their way to her waist. Her heart thumped and she knew she should pull back, wanted to pull back. But his blue-gray eyes held her in a hypnotic state and she couldn’t move.


You can find Untangle MyHeart at:

For Amazon Kindle: http://amzn.com/B00GVKRLOG
In Print from The Wild Rose Press: http://bit.ly/InzITZ

*Untangle My Heart will be able in all digital formats effective March 19, 2014.

You can keep in touch with me at:

The Violet Femmes Blog: http://thevioletfemmes.com

No comments: