Sunday, August 5, 2012

Why Angels?


Angels: The Better Choice?

As most of you know, I’m a werewolf girl. You’ve read my Redwood Pack (cough) and know my love and fixation with them. I’m okay with that. I love the earthy-feel of them. The animalistic tendencies.
But now…I’m looking at something new. Something exciting. Something…angelic.
In Dust of My Wings I’m venturing out and starting a new seven book series called Dante’s Circle. Scary, right? Each book will be slight different in that I’m not just talking about one paranormal species.
Nope, I have like 20 species alone. *gasp*
But in Dust of My Wings we meet Shade, my first angel. And oh my is he swoon worthy. Well, at least to me. You’ll have to be the judge.
Why am I writing about angels? Well, it’s simple. I’ve always be been fascinated by them. Beyond the religious aspects—which in itself is immense and daunting—I’m looking at the idea that not everyone is inherently good or evil.
Sometimes we’re a mixture.
What if angels were just another race of beings with their own versions of right and wrong. They have their own culture,  leadership, and sense of justice.
And what if not all of them were good?
What if there was a faction that was trying to take over?
Shade is a warrior angel. His job is to deal out justice and take care of his people for the council of elders. The supernaturals are secret to humans. But humans aren’t quite human….
           Humans aren’t as alone as they choose to believe. Every human possesses a trait of supernatural that lays dormant within their genetic make-up. Centuries of diluting and breeding have allowed humans to think they are alone and untouched by magic. But what happens when something changes?
Now, why do I love angels? Because they’re strong, and a symbol of good and peace. But is that really true? I mean the most famous angel of all was one who fell from grace after all. I think what we love about angels is the dichotomy they process. Are the good? Evil? A symbol of who we want to be?
Or are they just a species trying to get along in the world and be themselves.
It’s really up to you on how you see this. But I hope you get to see my world of angels and how they work.
Tell me, what is your favorite thing about angels? Is it their wings? Their ability to fly? Tell me.

Find it On:



No comments: