Saturday, November 3, 2012

Tirgearr Publishing presents C. Margery Kempe

C. MARGERY KEMPE

I'm a sucker for fairy tales; not sure why. There's just such a resonance in them! But I've been writing a lot of stories inspired by fairy tales and I think I need a new muse to court. My publisher would really like to see me write another MAN CITY story but I'm not sure football is the muse I need just now.

Since I've been back to teaching and burying myself in medieval texts, my thoughts have slipped back into that mode. I dug out an outline for a novel based on one of Marie de France's lais. Marie was a fascinating character -- well, so she seems from the few tantalizing details we've got. We know she was a noble woman writing for the court (maybe Henry II's), entertaining people of a similar rank.

But Marie was also a struggling writer and has some offhand remarks about people not getting their just desserts, like the knight Lanval who is generous with everyone and helpful but the king forgets to reward him. Why? Everyone is jealous of him.

Marie's stories show that the most important thing to her is loyalty. You can always tell that bad things will happen to those who betray her protagonist, though it may take a while to do so. Her werewolf knight, Bisclavret, gets betrayed by his wife. You might think Marie would feel some sympathy for the female characters, but while she fights for her own recognition in a world shaped by men, loyalty matters most.

Makes you wonder what happened to her, eh?

So, I think I'm going to get medieval on my muse. I might give the hero an M/M twist though...

Got to keep my publisher on her toes ;-)

• • •

Footie brought two best friends together; no matter that one was Shai's ex and the other her current boyfriend.

When she flirts with Stuart on the bus ride home, Shai begins to formulate an idea to make match night more rewarding for all three of them.

• • •

C. Margery Kempe is a writer of erotic romance distinguished by its humour, intelligence, and fearless sensual pleasures. Her stories range from contemporary thrillers to medieval era fairy tales.

An English professor by day, she also writes on medieval literature, film, creative writing and New Media, as well as humor, drama, mainstream and genre fiction under her real name and non-explicit romance as Kit Marlowe.

She's a weekly blogger at Nights of Passion on Sundays.

Find C. Margery Kempe online at --

C.M.Kempe
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads
Amazon
Nights of Passion
The Pop Culture Divas 

Tirgearr Publishing
 
• • •

C. Margery Kempe will be featured on Tuesday, 6 November at Pink Fluffy Hearts: Diary of a Coffee Addict. She will be giving a $10 Amazon gift card to one lucky winner that day. Each commenter's name will also be added into the grand prize drawing at the end of the tour which has a total value of $150.00! See how it works here.




6 comments:

Kristi Ahlers said...

C. Margery,
I always go back to my historic roots...(studied history in college)when I need to recharge my muse :)Good luck with the writing and with the sales to Man City!

Debby said...

That would be an intriguing twist.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kristi! And Debby, I hope my editor agrees :-)

Kristi Ahlers said...

Oh I'm sure she will ;) Heaven knows she's rolled with the punches with me and seems to not mind. lol

Catherine Lee said...

C...I'm also in academe--as a librarian. I've also taught English, but stick with American lit. You're a new-to-me author, so it's nice to meet you.
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Kristi, LOL!

Nice to meet you too, Catherine. Librarians rule! I have a lot of librarian friends. Where would we be without libraries and librarians -- I don't even want to think!