Sunday, November 4, 2012

Good morning from Lila Munro!


Good morning everyone! Welcome to the party and thanks to Goddess Fish for hosting. J I always enjoy myself immensely when I get to come to an event here because all you readers who come by are so fantastic. I love interacting with all of you and I hope what I have to share with you today piques your interest…
First a bit about me for anyone in the crowd who’s unfamiliar. I’m Lila Munro, procurer or realmantic notions, head chief at Realmantic Moments, military wife, doggy lover, mom, gardener, stitch worker at times (I embroiderer), Vera Bradley fanatic, shoe collector, bubble bath enthusiast, and appreciator of Crown Royal. J I’ve been following my marine around for the last sixteen or so years and have lived all over the place from Okinawa Japan to Missouri to Virginia to North Carolina…and have learned so much and been so inspired in my travels. And last but not least, I’m excited to be here this morning.
The release I’m sharing today will hit e-shelves November 17 through all major outlets and I owe much thanks to my publisher, Rebel Ink Press, for their support, editing staff, and care with my work.
Assumed Calling is the fifth and final book in my Identity series, which I’ve dropped by and talked about many times. It is Allen’s story who you’ve all met in previous volumes, first in Assumed Identity then again in Assumed Master. Although, something few people know, he has known Kyle Montgomery from book two, True Identity, his entire life in spite of the fact he’s never mentioned in that particular story. Ending the series was bittersweet for me. I realized while writing Assumed Master the series was coming to an end and rather than try to push my luck and keep adding on when there was no more material left (a lesson I’ve learned through observation), I decided I should end the series on a positive note and go out with a bang.
I don’t think Assumed Calling will fail in either area. Readers will discover that this story didn’t just end the Identity series, it actually sets the scene for a spin-off series to be rolled out in 2013, Steele Image, and it also sets the stage for the third and final installation to the Force Recon books which I’ll be writing with BethAnn Buehler next year to be titled Force Recon: Rogue Nation.
I’ll be sharing excerpts today and later this evening I’ll share where Assumed Calling can be found on November 17 and where you can find and follow me. J
Have a great time today everyone! And don’t be strangers. I’ll be popping in and out all day and I love to chat and answer questions. Feel free to grill me.
Like the beat of a primal drum whispering the rhythm of an ancient dance, the lifestyle calls…
At the seasoned age of fifty-six, Allen Bourke has resigned himself to the fact he’ll probably never find someone to top he can also love. While he’s had wives and lovers, none of them endured and he’s come to the conclusion the clock’s ticking and age is working against him. Then a very intriguing Nicki Cartwright pings on his radar at what Allen determines will be his last house party. He can’t help but notice while he and his friends are getting older, the players emerging on the scene are forever getting younger. Nicki's no exception. Determined to resist the vibes humming between them, he only agrees to service her after his old friend, Kyle Montgomery, convinces him it's entirely feasible. Then it’s brought to Allen’s attention who Nicki really is. Knowing their pasts are forever intertwined, as hard as he tries to ignore his heart, he finds himself yielding to the tides of fate.
Born to senatorial royalty, Nicki Cartwright has spent her entire life trying to shield her mother from her father’s wrath while drifting further and further into a world where panic is normal and anxiety is always on the edge of her reality. Tired of burning the candle at both ends and forever trying to live up to the picture of All-American perfection her father James Cartwright touts as his ace in the hole during election cycles, Nicki finds herself on the path of self-discovery in search of relief from the stressors continually swamping her mind. What she doesn’t expect is to find who she thought she was is truly just a shadow of the person she really is. And what scares her most is the fact Allen, the only person she thought she could trust, has been holding a secret since before she was born which could destroy her entire family. 

3 comments:

Debby said...

Sounds like a great book. I hope he has found his bottom.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Catherine Lee said...

That's an intriguing blurb. What's the secret?
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Hi Debby and Catherine Lee! Thanks for coming by for the party today...and I cannot tell a lie the secret is...a secret. :) All will be revealed the 17th though. Have a great afternoon partying!