Sunday, December 2, 2012

Here's a Teaser!



In Last Diner Standing by Terri L. Austin, Rose Strickland has another case to solve, this one involving her friend, Janelle. Here's a little taste:

There are some absolutes in this life that are irrefutable. If you leave the house looking like crap, you’ll see someone you know, usually an ex-boyfriend. If you’re running late for an appointment, you’ll hit every red light on the way. And a three a.m. phone call is never good news. Either someone’s dead, in the hospital, or you’re a drunken booty call. But that Saturday morning, I discovered another reason to avoid the ringing harbinger of bad news.
“’ello,” I answered, my eyes still closed.
“Rose, I’m in jail, girl.”
I sniffed and sat up on my futon. “Janelle?”
“Of course it’s Janelle. They think I tried to kill Asshat.”
Scrubbing a hand over my eyes, I glanced at the clock. “Asshat?”
Janelle lowered her voice. “Rose, wake up and listen. I’m in jail, Asshat’s in a coma, and they’re saying I tried to kill him. I need help.” 

Want more? Check out Last Diner Standing!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Great excerpt. I hope I never get a phone call like that.
debby236 at gmail dot com