Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fur For Christmas


December 2012 marks my sixth Changeling Christmas release.  And this year’s book, Wolf Run, was as enjoyable to write as Santa Six, my first holiday tale. Santa Six was a sci-fi Christmas story and the following year I wrote a werewolf tale, Canine Cop. Since then I’ve written Canine Call, Canine Christmas and Holiday Moon. Each book is about a werewolf/human relationship making each story a little bit furry.

This December is no exception. In my latest tale, Wolf Run, my werewolf hero, Cade is very attracted to Stella. Although Stella’s human, Cade really likes her scent. Stella knows what she wants for Christmas, fur.

If you like fur, I’ve posted a short excerpt from Wolf Run.

Merry Christmas
B.J.




Blurb

A winter storm has closed the highway to Ridgetop, but two werewolves refuse to disappoint the orphans at Iverson School on Christmas morning. Acting as Santa’s helpers, Cade and Oliver pack the presents on sleds and make a wolf run.

Iverson employees, Stella and Charlotte are waiting for the gifts to arrive, but are the sisters prepared for two hunky werewolves and the most memorable Christmas of their lives?

Excerpt

A tiny gasp escaped Stella's throat and her fingers gripped his shirt.

Cade wanted more. He ached to kiss her senseless, strip her naked and make love to her. Instead, he controlled his urges and released her. He had no idea if she'd ever been with a werewolf or how comfortable she was with his kind. The last thing he wanted to do was frightened her.

Stella opened her eyes and released his shirt. "I should open the wine," she said, her voice breathy. Then she spun on her heel and headed for the kitchen.

After he showered and changed into a clean shirt and jeans, Cade joined Stella in the living room. She'd turned off all the lights, except for those strung on the tree. Christmas music played softly and the earthy smell of pine competed with the sweet scent of woman.

Stella touched her glass of wine to his. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Stella."

As they sipped their wine Cade slipped his arm around Stella's shoulders. She leaned against him as if they'd cuddled before.

"You must miss being with your family."

"I'm surrounded by family daily. I can't think of anyone I'd rather be with tonight than you."

She turned toward him, pressing her breast against side.

"I've been thinking about you, a lot," Cade said.

"I was tempted to write my phone number on the thank-you note as a hint for you to call."

"I wish you had. I was planning to look you up but thought I'd wait until the holidays were over. I figured you'd be busy with family."

"My parents are on a cruise, so Charlotte and I decided to stay in town."

Cade set his wine on the end table and cupped her face. Her features were so delicate and her skin was so soft. He prayed he wasn't misreading the look in her eyes. "Stella."

He settled his mouth over hers, kissing her gently. When her lips parted beneath his, Cade deepened the kiss. He wanted to pull her into his arms and hold her tight, but Cade needed to gauge her response.

Their tongues touched and Cade molded his mouth to hers. He sensed the increase of her body heat and the subtle change of her scent indicating her arousal. Still, he moved with caution. Werewolves accepted their primal urges, but they were raised to respect their partners and not treat relationships with casual indifference.

Cade lifted his head, breaking the kiss. He took her wine glass and set it next to his. He drew her back into his arms. This time she'd have to make the move. "Stella."

She placed her hands on his shoulders and kissed him.

Delicious and enthralling, the kiss changed from a gentle exploration into a heated meeting of lips and tongue. She gripped his shoulders, digging her nails into his muscles. Cade cupped her breast and felt the hard nub of her nipple through the soft material of her sweater. The heat of her arousal penetrated his nostrils.

His instincts told him she wanted him, but he had to be sure. It was Christmas Eve, and he was Stella's houseguest. Tonight wasn't about only sex and momentary lust. He wanted more than a one-night stand.

Cade cupped her face in his hands and broke the kiss. "I want you, Stella." He was so hard he hurt. "But I have to ask, how far you want this to go?"

"Because of what you are?"

"Yes."

Her green eyes sparkled. "Is sex different with werewolves?"

"When I'm in human form, the parts are the same as any man. And no I won't shift into a wolf when we make love." Cade inhaled a deep breath. The heat of her arousal was driving him crazy. If she didn't want to have sex, he was going to have to go outside and roll around in the snow naked.

Her eyes widened. "I hadn't thought about that. It's difficult for me to imagine you in wolf form. You're my first werewolf."

He took an alpha male pleasure in knowing Stella hadn't been with another wolf. Cade rose from the sofa. "This has to be right for you. I'll be right back."

He walked into the hallway and stripped off his shoes and clothing. He shifted. Fur sprang out, covering his skin as bone and muscle reformed. His jaw and teeth elongated, his ears became furry and pointed. Walking on four paws, he returned to Stella.

"Ohmigod. Can I touch you?"

Cade was pleased she hadn't reacted in horror and hadn't asked to pet him. He wasn't a dog or a wild animal. He looked her in the eyes. He wanted her to see him within the wolf. The man and the wolf were one in the same, only the physical forms differed.

"Your fur feels softer than I had imagined," she said, stroking him on the head. She looked him in the eye. "I see you, Cade."

Pleased with her reaction, Cade laid his head on her lap.

"I'm okay with this, Cade."

He shifted, forcing the change so quickly he transformed back into a man in seconds. Naked, he kneeled at her feet.

"Wow. It's amazing how you can do that."

He reached up and cupped her face in his hands. "I really like you, Stella. I want to make love to you, but you have to be completely comfortable with me."

Happy Holidays

Wolf Run is part of Changeling Press’ multi-author Christmas series, Santa’s Helpers.

Buy a Santa’s Helpers book in December and you’ll be automatically entered in Changeling’s Very Merry Christmas Contest. Details at  www.changelingpress.com

www.bjmccall.com

    



1 comment:

Debby said...

Wow, it sounds great.
debby236 at gmail dot com