Sunday, July 10, 2011

Relax - Don't do it by Eliza March


 

I once remember a saying that a mentor of mine used regularly. "Your mind will believe what you tell it." Therefore: "Tell it the things you want it to believe and it will."

There's something to be said for the power of positive thinking. I ran across this saying the other day - not sure who to credit - but I knew it was true for me.

"Your outer circumstances are but a reflection of your inner thoughts."

After several weeks of letting chaotic daily life interfere with my [insert your issue] writing time, I realized I kept reinforcing the problem by repeating the message to myself day after day, “You don’t have time to do what you want, everything else is clamoring for attention.”
And guess what happened!
Everything else did interfere, and I didn’t have time.
What if I said, “I’m relaxed, I'm feeling creative, I've got a plan for that next plot? I'm a writing fool. I'm writing brilliant dialogue, wonderful characters and intriguing plots. WOW!"
I will.
My plan: I'm going to take three hours each day for my creative writing, put on headphones, and be unavailable to the world, short of fire, flood, or earthquake?
I bet I’d find those hours.
What if I vow I’ll promote my books one hour a day, or limit checking my emails to twice a day, or ...? You get the picture.
What if I said ... “I’m going to get a contract on my book series next year.” Do you think I can do it? More importantly ... do I believe I can do it? Yup! I do!
Now I must keep the vision of success clearly in front of me and imbedded in my “inner thoughts.”
Whatever you have in mind for your goals, read a book this week. I have a few I wrote that you may enjoy - a little something for everyone. I have a full list here at Eliza March or excerpts at my BLOG
Kick back and relax - plug your ears and open your mind - let your creative juices flow.
~~~Eliza March
also writing as Elizabeth Marchat

No comments: