Sunday, December 8, 2013

You Think Your Family has Secrets...


4.9 out of 5 Stars (9 reviews)


I love writing suspense but I've also discovered I like writing about family's that live amidst secrets, lies and deceit. Let me introduce me to my first novel, Captured Lies. 

Bailey's life was lie! She was kidnapped not once but twice and now someone wants her dead.


Excerpt 

“Why are you following me? Was there a problem with my mother’s funeral?”

The guy frowned.
“You’re from the Funeral Home, right?”
Wary, sky blue eyes stared back at her. Secrets were hidden in those depths. That she would bet on. She was sick and tired of the games people played. Her mother had been a master player. She moved a few more steps back and spun on her heel.
“Wait. Please don’t go.” He sucked in some air and rolled onto his back. “I promise I won’t hurt you... at least not physically.”
She paused, the toe of her right foot barely touching the ground. She glanced around before slowly turning. There still wasn’t anyone around. It was a rather secluded area of the park, which wound down towards the river that ran through the city. Her mom had told her that it was so popular she’d been thinking of moving again. There was traffic all day on that path. Not once had she been able to go for a walk and not run into someone.
Great. So where in the hell are they today?
Bailey swung her gaze back to the guy, realizing that she probably shouldn’t be taking her eyes off him. If he made a move she wanted at least a little bit of warning.
“Look. I need to talk to you.”
“So you tackled me?” Bailey glared at his bent head. “Are you freakin’ nuts?”
“Right now I’m thinking so.” He continued to breathe as though he’d had the wind knocked out of him. He lifted his head. “Look, you were upset and I guess I’m a sucker for a damsel in distress.”
She refrained from putting her finger in her mouth and make gagging sounds. But just. She studied him a little closer. Cute. He’s cute. Why are all the nut jobs cute?
He placed his hand behind him, pulled his feet up to his butt.
“Don’t get up.” Bailey’s hand flew up like a traffic cop directing traffic. “If you want to talk stay there or I’m out of here.”
“My butt’s getting wet.” He raked his hand through his thick hair but it fell back into place as though he hadn’t touched it. “I don’t know how to say this.”
“Good. Then I’m gone.” Bailey spun around and started walking quickly.
“You’re not you,” he called out after her.



~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.ca/2013/10/virtual-nbtm-review-tour-captured-lies.html



Could you imagine having someone tell you you're not who you think you are?

2 comments:

Mindgardner said...

I love Captured Lies... how it taps into the hidden story that creates the outward expression of hidden secrets.

Unknown said...

this book 'captured' my attention from the first page. Maggie spins a great tale about human potential and human deviousness.