Sunday, May 4, 2014

Solve the Question and Win a Prize!! -- Marta Tandori



If You Like Mysteries, Keep on Reading:  Introducing NO HARD FEELINGS by Marta Tandori – Solve the Question and Win a Prize!!

Hi Everyone – My name is Marta and I’m a lover of mysteries.  As a kid, I read Nancy Drew mysteries and fervently wished I had Nancy’s glamorous lifestyle – although my life was more like Trixie Belden’s, since I was the oldest of three kids living with my family on a remote farm.  But that’s where all similarities ended.  I didn’t live in cute Crabapple Farm and my best friend wasn’t rich Honey Wheeler, who conveniently lived in a mansion beside our farm, nor did I get to go on exciting adventures (unless you counted going to the barn twice a day to feed the livestock).  Then one day, my brother and I discovered a small shed on the fringes of our property that was hidden behind all these vines and was filled to the rafters with old (and empty) beer bottles.  For me, it was like discovering Alladin’s cave of treasures as my mind quickly went into overdrive, conjuring up a mystery revolving around the bottles.  In hindsight, it seemed only natural that I grew up wanting to write in the same genre that I already loved to read.  To learn more about me, I invite you to visit my website at http://martatandori.com or my FB page at www.facebook.com/MartaTandoriAuthor.
                                                                                 

My new murder mystery, NO HARD FEELINGS, the next in the Kate Stanton mystery series, features Kate Stanton, the successful real estate broker and her two granddaughters, Karen and Liz.  In the first book in the series, TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE, Karen was partially responsible for the death of Liz's mother and Liz was determined that Karen be held accountable for her mother’s death.  Now in NO HARD FEELINGS, the world's unlikeliest cousins forge a solid friendship as they help their grandmother uncover some very nasty family secrets that will have an impact on all their lives:
                                                                                  

I will be stopping in several times today.  Each time I stop in, I’ll offer an excerpt from NO HARD FEELINGS.  Here’s the first one:

I need to escape him.  I need to escape the man who is both my lover and my captor, but there is nowhere to run.

With a firm grip on my good arm, he pulls me along after him through the crush of humanity, toward the converging crowds gathering at Pandora’s Box on the corner of Sunset and Crescent Heights. The closer we get to our destination, the louder and more boisterous the crowds of protestors and police seem to become. I cry out in pain as my body is jostled, hurting my dislocated left shoulder, which is supported only by the flimsy sling he has fashioned for me. However, he doesn’t hear me cry out because he’s too busy trying to keep up with his two friends.

For a second, I actually toy with the idea of wrenching my arm out of his grip and making a run for it, but almost immediately, I’m overcome by a fear so paralyzing that I’m barely able to breathe. He’s already given me a nasty taste of what he will do to me if I ever try leaving him. He’s promised to stop at nothing—and spare no one—until he finds me, even if it means killing every member of my family. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from living with this monster, it’s to always take his threats seriously. With a sinking heart, I realize I am nothing more than a pawn to him; valuable when needed, but as with everything in his life, sadly expendable once I’ve served my purpose in his pursuit of his master plan.  He has very few displays of human emotion, so it’s difficult to figure out what he’s thinking at any given time. One thing I am sure of, though, is that he trusts no one, least of all me.                                               
                                                            [The End]
                                                                  
**My books are available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble and the links are here:
http://www.amazon.com/HARD-FEELINGS-Kate-Stanton-Mystery-ebook/dp/B00JJ0T1RK/ref=sr_1_5_bnp_1_kin?ie=UTF8&qid=1399213846&sr=8-5&keywords=marta+tandori
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/marta-tandori?store=allproducts&keyword=marta+tandori

**The first five people who answer the following correctly will win NO HARD FEELINGS in ebook format (mobi/PDF/epub).  Put your answer in the comments section following this post along with your email address and ebook format preference.  

Please type out this poem using proper words:  YYUR, YYUB, ICUR, YY4ME.  Good Luck!!


2 comments:

http://harpsromancebookreview.com said...

I also loved Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden books as a young girl. Giving it a shot lol, probably be wrong. Why why you are, why why you be, I see you are, why why for me.

ELF said...

(Too) Wise you are, (too) wise you be, I see you are, too wise for me (0: