Sunday, January 5, 2014

Through the Oracle's Mist


 
 
     Writing a series is a lot like inviting your family for an extended stay in your head with one not so small exception, there is no reprieve.  Even the watercloset is not safe from their invasion and their decisions to pop up willy-nilly with something they consider vitally important to the tale. The only thing you can hope for is that there is paper and pen nearby when they show up... (or wear your digital recorder like a fashion piece). The other thing that you need to be aware of is that they will bring new people in without consultation sometimes and depending on the when, that can be difficult. I met Euphrosynae in the shower, a fact I'm sure Rigor would not care to be reminded of. Would you want to tick off this guy?
 
 
 
 
     Well, I mean I can..and I have.. and I will again through the series, but still...rubbing salt is some wounds is not smart even with fictional characters. Rigor is tempermental at best. I'm looking forward to showing you more of him in coming books...if only to get him to shut up for a bit. He thinks he runs the show, can you fathom it? The other brothers have managed to sit back (mostly) and let the tale come, but I don't expect that to hold for long. One of the others likes to pop up and remind me that I have not started setting up his book or making people want to know him...impatient Ass.
 
     If you haven't had the chance, I do hope you'll grab a copy of Through the Oracle's Mist and give it a spin. I think (and I know I'm partial), it's an interesting ride and you might just find yourself wondering what's coming next too as so many others are. For now, please join me as Goddess Fish Promotions take me, my characters and book one on tour starting the 13th.
 
 
 

 
 

Cyrenna thought she died the day she watched Tynan and his brothers jump through the banishment portal in an act of solidarity with Rigor. Little did she know that it would be the first of many deaths she would experience in her quest to claim his heart. She would surrender not only her immortal soul, but a mortal one repeatedly. The asking price for an outside chance at a future just went up. 
Cyrenna will give up everything in her quest for the only thing that matters to her…forever.  Through a deal with the great Oracle, she has multiple mortal lifetimes to change the direction of her future and have a chance with Tynan.  If she can help him see what he wants, and if it is her as his immortal soul mate that he seeks, they might get a chance.  From the GenPei War in Japan and the Silk Road west, to Cromwell, the Three Kingdoms and modern times, she lives and dies repeatedly hoping to get her heart’s desire.
 Near the end, she makes a misstep, breaks one of the rules of her covenant with the Oracle, and cannot return.  The burden falls to Tynan and everything she was able to share with him to that point.  The only thing that is absolute is her fervent hope that he will come, but there’s one big problem.  Through it all, he doesn’t so much as know her name.


Grab your copy of the first book in my Vengelys Series
 
Through the Oracle's Mist
 
 at Amazon or Smashwords today!

Smashwords:

 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm strapped in tight and ready to go on the next part of the journey with the Vengeleys. I had a feeling we would be hearing a lot more from them. I also would love to see Rigor and Synae reunited. I'm a little nervous to find out what Ass is thinking and it sounds like you are too but if they need to tell their tale then I will be ready to read it.

Unknown said...

OCH! I'm not nervous at all about Asmodai's story. He's concerned I'm no moving fast enough.