Saturday, September 15, 2012

Did You Put the Cat to Bed?

So many of us have been there!

Your young children are adorable cherubs, your husband's clueless, and you're hanging by a thread.  Izzy hadn't counted on pregnancy--or twins--but now she's close to the edge.  Will she jump into being a victim, or...?



Looking at her husband, she whispered his name. 

“What?” He jerked toward her, but his eyes didn’t gel, as if she were a TV set on mute and her voice came from another source.

“Harris,” Izzy said firmly. “I used to be an artist.  My brain has desiccated to the size and texture of a gummy bear.  I am stressed.  I’m seriously thinking of taking an overdose.  I am thinking of having myself committed.” 

“Come again?” Harris blinked.  “What time is it?”  He looked from her to the wall clock, and back again. Then he asked, “Did you put the cat to bed?” 
 
Buy "Cat to Bed" Here

"Like" my FB author page

4 comments:

Catherine Lee said...

We have 4 cats. One of them, Missy (aka Momma) insists that her place is nestled next to my hubby on my side of the bed. Every night, he goes to bed much earlier than me...and she follows right on his heels. When I saunter in a couple of hours later, I always have to move her to her place at the foot of the bed...and she does not go without a fuss! She's sure that her place is right nest to "da-da."
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

Jennifer Conner Books said...

Love the cover and the story idea!

Debby said...

I am lucky my cat sleeps at the foot of the bed and warms the area for my feet.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jenni! It's been great working with you.

Yes, cats to take over. The one in this story is a bit fierce...at least from the point of view of the protagonist, a stressed mother of two very grabby toddlers!