Sunday, April 6, 2014

Something to Lose set in the Finger Lakes


Something to Lose is set in the Finger Lakes region of NY, specifically in Canandaigua. It is such a gorgeous area. If you've never been, it's worth the trip! I am lucky enough to have family there, and visit almost every summer (yes, in the summer because, come on, it's Upstate NY). Here's an excerpt from Something to Lose, where Camden describes where she lives:


I know that’s a mouthful. Say it with me. Cannon-Day-Gwa. It’s known as The Gateway of the Finger Lakes. That’s the motto of our sleepy little town at the northern tip of Canandaigua Lake. The Finger Lakes get their name because they are all long and skinny and look like fingers. I know, not exactly creative with the naming. I’ve never been able to figure out which part of the hand Canandaigua makes, maybe the thumb? I think the problem is that there are just too many fingers. Look at a map, and you’ll see what I mean. The names of the lakes themselves come from the Seneca Indiansat least they are interesting.
Canandaigua, and the Finger Lakes region in general, is known for water activities, duh, and for wine. There are hundreds of wineries in the area, and we are very proud of our wine around here. I know that California claims to make the best, but that doesn’t mean we can’t give them a run for their money.


How to contact me:

Email: Tamra.Lassiter@gmail.com
Twitter: @TamraLassiter https://twitter.com/TamraLassiter

No comments: