Sunday, April 6, 2014

Something to Lose - Fireworks and Symphonies



In Something to Lose, Camden is looking for the one, and is beginning to think that her standards are just too high. She wants fireworks and symphonies.

"I always wanted to believe that that’s what happens when you meet the one, but I’ve never seen any evidence to indicate that’s actually true. I wonder sometimes if that is just another impossible goal that we women create for ourselves, something that we will never attain, and therefore we feel inadequate when we don’t reach it. Then we end up alone in a bathtub drinking wine and eating cookie dough from a tube."

Then she meets Special Agent Seth Vendetti.

"His hands move behind my neck. He pulls me to him, and before I even know what’s happening, he’s kissing me and even more surprising, I’m kissing him, too. His strong fingers move up and down my back as his lips work their magic on mine. I thought I’d been kissed before, but never have I been kissed like this. I still don’t see fireworks, instead I am the firework. Heat explodes from my lips down my throat and to the rest of my body. This isn’t the warmth of fairy tales where the prince and princess kiss their happily-ever-after. This is the battle of the dragon and I don’t know what because my brain is no longer working."


How to contact me:
Email: Tamra.Lassiter@gmail.com
Twitter: @TamraLassiter https://twitter.com/TamraLassiter

No comments: