Sunday, April 6, 2014

All In by Autumn Stark Excerpt


Excerpt:

It was possibly nine in the morning the next day before Abby barged into Parker’s house. To be fair, Abby had used her key which Jay must have given back to her, but it was as close to barging as one might get, all things considered. Parker was barely awake. 
“Parker? Are you home?”
“Where else would I be?” Parker tried to sound pleasant, but at best she knew she sounded grouchy as she called out to Abby.
“I don’t know, having wild sex with Jay in Los Angeles?” Abby walked into the kitchen as Parker was focusing on pouring coffee grinds into her espresso machine. Parker graced her with a snort as an answer. “Well, you could be.”
“I don’t know what that overgrown pretty boy told you, but I am not going to Los Angeles.”
“I’ll wait till you’ve had your coffee.” Abby grabbed her own cup and patiently sat on one of the bar stools under her kitchen island. Parker tried not to remember exactly what had been done on that particular counter while also trying to remember if she’d sanitized the thing since the sex marathon had started.
“Coffee won’t change my answer.”
“Might make you more talkative though.”
“Or more able to kill without getting caught.”

“I’ll take the chance.” Abby grinned at her and Parker sighed. 

Want more? 

No comments: