Sunday, July 13, 2014

10 Fun Facts About Author Barbara Oliverio


1. I was never a cheerleader, but I was a cheerleader coach when I was a high school teacher.

2. I refuse to eat anything that is made or garnished with cilantro.

3. I have an irrational fear of volcanoes even though I grew up in a state with no volcanoes.

4. I'm oddly addicted to any pageant on TV -- including dog shows.

5. My favorite TV shows are Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, and Dancing with the Stars.

6. I know more about football than many men I know. (P.S. Go Steelers!)

7. I have never been able to master the hula hoop.

8. I'm killer at trivia. I once won a trivia contest about Canada -- while competing against Canadians.

9. My favorite book from childhood was Heidi -- and I still love to read it  today.

10. My parents were both Italian immigrants and I learned to speak Italian before English. The last common English word I learned was colander (scolapasta in Italian), which I still occasionally say in Italian to this day.

Find my books here


No comments: