1. I was never a cheerleader, but I was a cheerleader coach when I was a high school teacher.
2. I refuse to eat anything that is made or garnished with cilantro.
3. I have an irrational fear of volcanoes even though I grew up in a state with no volcanoes.
4. I'm oddly addicted to any pageant on TV -- including dog shows.
5. My favorite TV shows are Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, and Dancing with the Stars.
6. I know more about football than many men I know. (P.S. Go Steelers!)
7. I have never been able to master the hula hoop.
8. I'm killer at trivia. I once won a trivia contest about Canada -- while competing against Canadians.
9. My favorite book from childhood was Heidi -- and I still love to read it today.
10. My parents were both Italian immigrants and I learned to speak Italian before English. The last common English word I learned was colander (scolapasta in Italian), which I still occasionally say in Italian to this day.
Find my books here