Sunday, October 13, 2013

Wild times on Skidaway Island

This will be my 1st Goddess Fish party so I hope I get it right.

I scared my neighbors when they heard about my new book, Wild Times on Skidaway Island.
They were afraid I was planning to spill the beans about the wild parties down the block.  Nobody needed to worry.  I wasn't invited.

My book is about the natural beauty of the island where I live.

Here is an excerpt:

 Skidaway Island is a high spot in Georgia's waving marsh grass, a sandbar eight miles long and three miles wide, cut off from the mainland but protected from the open Atlantic by Wassaw, one of Georgia's outermost barrier islands.  Sparsely inhabited for most of its 40,000 years, Skidaway Island is now home to 10,000 humans as well as countless deer, raccoons, squirrels, and water birds.

Despite its density of population, the drooping, moss-covered live oaks and jungle understory of wax myrtle and Virginia creeper give the island such an aura of peace and seclusion it's rumored many of the inhabitants are enrollees in the FBI's witness protection program.

By Karen Dove Barr
www.karendovebarr.com
http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Times-Skidaway-Island-Karen/dp/1939521041
Strategic Media Books 2013

1 comment:

Debby said...

I would love to visit.
debby236 at gmail dot com